First kickstarter campaign and.....damned it's hard :)
  • trendy clip
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

First kickstarter campaign and.....damned it's hard :)

by trendy clip » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a French Artist/designer and just launch my first kickstarter campaign a day ago!

I knew it would be difficult to raise money but something I under estimate was the promotion!
    When you're on kickstarter with a brand new campaign and have no backers, you are in the bottom of the page.
    So when people come on kickstarter to check new project, you are so deep that they don't see you so they cannot back you!

The only way for you that those people see you and have a chance to back you is to be in a good position on the kickstarter page! One time again, for that, you must have backers already!

Or you have bunch of friends and family who will back you at the beginning, then you have a good visibility on the kickstarter page, or you haven't.....and then let's the fun begin !:)

Promotion, promotion, promotion.....you must do that all day long to have a chance to attract people to your page!
    That's exactly what I'm doing right know since yesterday! That's boring but if you don't do that, your kickstarter campaign will not work alone!

If some people how are actually on kickstarter or where successful or not read this, can you give me your feedback and some good tips for the promotion :)

Thanks for reading me and sorry for my bad english.....I'm french :-/

• dominickevans
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: First kickstarter campaign and.....damned it's hard :)

by dominickevans » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:39 am

Cool! I passed your link on, to my Twitter friends! I like the beautiful design!
    Trip is a hedonistic relationship drama about a teen mother who must choose between what feels good and what is necessary for a better life.

Find out how you can benefit from donating to Trip!

http://www.tripshortfilm.com/Trip/landing_page.html
  • trendy clip
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by trendy clip » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:39 pm

thank you so much for sharing and helping us making it :)
  • MichaelTumey
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by MichaelTumey » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:59 am

There's a least a dozen (probably more) art and design communities on G+ with thousands of members. I'd suggest posting one of your art designs first, before promoting your kickstarter. I like to post samples of my art (in my case it's maps) on various communities, wait until I get "+" in approval from several members. As a second post the next day or more, I point out my Kickstarter.

Finding various art forums, and forums and communities of your target markets who you intend to gain a benefit from your art are where you should be talking about your project.

My target market was a laser targetted so only specific communities were where I posted my project. RPG gaming, and game maps communities were my potential contributors, so that's where i promoted - all of it free, except my time, yeah, it's work, but anything of value requires it in some way.
    25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide Kickstarter - create stunning RPG maps using any standard graphics software.
  • PurpleSands
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PurpleSands » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Hey! I am also trying out my first Kickstarter project and am trying to get the word out there to people who might like what I hope to make!
    I'm trying to get some retro-gaming style 8-bit Christmas decorations made so I'm trying to find the best places to spread the word :)
    Off for a nosey at your project now :)
    The link for mine is: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/122 ... e_location
    Any comments or suggestions would be awesome :)
    Thank you,
    Becky x
  • TheCruZader
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TheCruZader » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Yeah, it's hard. It's a full time job to promote this stuff.
    http://kck.st/15I5bUI
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:14 pm

Yea, it's definitely a full-time, or at least a part-time job to keep marketing your campaign to relevant audiences. One interesting way of finding influencers that might help promote your campaign is to use Twitter's Advanced search features, where you can search via interest, location, hashtags, mentions, etc.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.