Is kickstarter bicoming a Hollywood production company?
  • faikgeci
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Is kickstarter bicoming a Hollywood production company?

by faikgeci » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:37 pm

I´m wondering if kickstarter is stil a platform for projects what really crowdfounding about it?I have a felling that is bicoming a Hollywood production company you really need to have big name in order to have success..hope im wrong eny feedback?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... =discovery

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Is kickstarter bicoming a Hollywood production company?

by sbriggman » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:52 pm

In some ways, I do think that Kickstarter is becoming more commercial. In other ways, I don't. Maybe they will differentiate in the future if the project was made by a big company or an independent creator, but I think it will be difficult for them to make rules for this distinction.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • faikgeci
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by faikgeci » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Ok,Thanks for your feedback....
    oliver.prescott
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by oliver.prescott » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:39 pm

I think that there are far more big name players that are using it now than there was before. it's cool for the system to get more attention but whenever I hear about some big name movie star or well known video game developer using Kickstarter it kind of annoys me because it feels like Kickstarter should be used by people that don't have the means or connections to raise money in a traditional sense. I mean look at the oatmeal and exploding kittens, this guy has a huge following, several books and a successful website yet went to Kickstarter to get $10,000? He could have funded the whole thing himself yet used crowdsourcing to do it. While there isn't anything technically wrong with that it just feels like it goes against the spirit of the system. just my thoughts anyways
  • faikgeci
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by faikgeci » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:27 am

Thanks for your feedback Oliver
    I feel the same,I see big stars i see New York Times and i think crowdfounding has supposed to be for people who dont have money and want to make something of it...Carlos Slim own more than 10% of New York Times those people they have a lot of money they just dont want to pay.
    Thanks