Green Inbox[Facebook] raised $800.00 within 3 days
    MochShot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Green Inbox[Facebook] raised $800.00 within 3 days

by MochShot » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Green Inbox is new site that is catching the attention of a lot of crowdfunding managers. I have been exploring various crowdfunding services and have tried out Green Inbox's 'direct facebook message' approach.

Unsuccessful crowdfunding services
    Thunderclap.it - set a goal for number of supporters, supporters will 'blast' the message to their friends
    Headtalker - same as thunderclap but entices you to use theirs because they give you 500,000 'free' social reach
    *both of these sites were ineffective because I didn't attract enough of an audience to reach my goal*
    Preapps - I personally think this site still has some reaching out to do itself, its use was ineffective because its targeted more at games that are 'upcoming' and about to launch onto the app/play store.

Green Inbox: Success
    Initially I was thinking about using the 'publishers' and 'target audience' service that Green Inbox offers but I started out using the 'facebook direct message' approach.

This is the message that I used for Green Inbox:
    "Dear <first name>,
    I wanted to reach out and ask you to be a part of my Kickstarter campaign. I've been working on this project for a year and it would mean a lot if you could share or donate (There are some awesome rewards for donating!). It's been tough finding people elsewhere so I really appreciate it if you do!
    "

I paid $30.00 to send a direct message to my 447 friends on my personal Facebook page
    > Within the first 2-3 days of launch we have received $615.00 from facebook 'referrer'

As of right now we stand at $800.00 with 45 days to go. Our goal is $20,000 (still a long ways). My hope is that I can attract enough backers to reach $5,000 so I can use the recommended 'Publishers' and 'Target Audience' services on Green Inbox!

You can check out my project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... android-or

Cheers!
    MochShot
    Drew Mochrie

• khaledh75
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Green Inbox[Facebook] raised $800.00 within 3 days

by khaledh75 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:29 pm

thanks for the nice tips
    lostinwebspace
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lostinwebspace » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Anybody else use this? This guy sounds like an ad man, so I want to hear some real stories from real crowdfunders.
  • Mitchell.Frost
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Mitchell.Frost » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:51 am

What exactly is Green Inbox & what does it do?
  • miramaxa
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by miramaxa » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Thunderclap.it is useless service, agree with that.
  • SophieC
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SophieC » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks for that, was wondering if using Thunderclap would be a good idea, looks like i'll consider something else
    wearbrave
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by wearbrave » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:33 pm

Thunderclap was useless. Will never use it again.
  • Oakmountco
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Oakmountco » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:48 pm

I just launched my Kickstarter campaign. I have very little presence on social media with almost no followers. Are there any suggestions for boosting my project. Does anyone have suggestions for marketing companies?

Here is the link to my project
    http://kck.st/3K9woLg
  • jassiet.ross
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by jassiet.ross » Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:43 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience with Green Inbox! It’s great to hear that the direct Facebook message approach worked so well for you. The initial results sound promising, especially with the $615 raised in just a couple of days. It seems like you’re on the right track.

I agree that platforms like Thunderclap and Headtalker can be hit-or-miss, especially if your audience isn’t large enough. It’s interesting to see how Green Inbox’s targeted approach can be a better fit. Your strategy of starting with the direct messages and then moving on to their other services if you hit your $5,000 milestone sounds like a solid plan.

I took a look at your Kickstarter project, and it seems like a great initiative. I’ll definitely keep it in mind and share it with my network. Best of luck with the remaining days of your campaign – I hope you hit that $20,000 goal and beyond!