not enough views
  • Amran
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

not enough views

by Amran » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:08 am

hello there ,I came up with a great idea and poured my soul and all my time into getting it launched but too bad I forgot to spread the word before hand ,I thought I will get most of the views from kickstarter but unfortunately that is not the case ,
    imagine you can mold a strand of hair into ANY desired shape ! please check out my video https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... ?ref=email

FalsAlarm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: not enough views

by FalsAlarm » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm also having this very same issue. I just made my kickstarter campaign live just over a week now and I don't even have 1 backer yet
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:36 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • DanJaker
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DanJaker » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Try as many press releases as you can.
    oliver.prescott
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by oliver.prescott » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:40 pm

have you guys thought about backing other projects? some times people will look at whether or not a project creator has backed anyone. I'm re-launching my video game campaign next week and if you back me for a dollar I'll back your campaigns today for a dollar, I know it's not much but every dollar and backer counts. it also helps to get comments on your project, it all adds up to being noticed on Kickstarter.

this will be my third campaign on Kickstarter with the first two not getting funded. but I've learned a lot from those failed campaigns.

First thing is that you can't just launch and think people will notice you on Kickstarter. That used to work when Kickstarter was this new thing and people were on the site looking through things all the time, but now you're one a hundred thousand and you'll be lost in the traffic.

you need to promote your campaign online and in person and you need to do this before you launch. Tell your friends and family about it and get people lined up to pledge before launching. I made this mistake on my first two campaigns and this time around I have enough people lined up to pledge on day one that will put me over 45% funded the first day. And while it might not be what you want to do but reach out to family and friends. I did this through facebook and I was actually surprised by some of the people that pledged, family that I've almost never spoken with pledged a lot of money, were's some closer family and friends wouldn't even respond. a lot said they couldn't afford anything. but at least that got me some backers and money.

Second thing and this is a big one is that you can't make your goal too high. I'm trying to make a video game and the development software and computer hardware costs I need adds up, but the number one thing people told me about my campaign was that I was asking for too much ($5000 dollars). you each are asking for a lot of money, look at your product and campaign and ask yourselves do you really need this much money to accomplish what you're proposing? You need to explain why you need the money and what it's going to be used for. after looking at my first goal and looking over what I really needed to get my game out I lowered my goal from 5000 to 1500. if I start to get close to my goal I'll add stretch goals and add more things back, but you need to start small and add things when you start getting more backers and money. Make a table that breaks down the cost and shows where that money is going what why. maybe even add an extra video talking about that.

Which brings me to the third thing that I learned which is presentation. I thought I did okay with my first Kickstarter for my video game but the feedback I got on it has really helped. people suggested more animations, more videos but make them shorter. don't have too much text, get to the point! you also want to have graphics and not just a wall of text or bullet points. Hair Shapies feels like all I'm looking at is pictures of peoples hair, Graffiti Galore has three items in a list with no video or pictures. I honestly don't understand what it is you're trying to accomplish with that project, I don't mean to be rude but I just don't get it.

By no means am I an expert ( I've never had a successful Kickstarter), but failing at things does teach you some stuff (hopefully at least). all that being said I'll pledge $5 dollars to both your campaigns today if you pledge to mine when I launch next week.
    oliver.prescott
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by oliver.prescott » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:45 pm

want to add the Hair Shapies video didn't load the first time I viewed the page and I can see you break down the cost there, I still think explaining it in info graphic , table, or pie chart would help. people notice things like that.