Project has hit a snag--LemonCycle
  • LemonCycle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Project has hit a snag--LemonCycle

by LemonCycle » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi,

I'm a fifteen-year-old entrepreneur withheld a dream of starting a lemonade stand on the frame of a tricycle. I hope it will be the best summer job ever!
    However, my kickstarter hasn't gone exactly as planned. After getting $240 toward my $2500 goal in he first two days, I've gotten only $100 in the last five days. Practically all of my donations have been from friends and family. I've posted on Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit. Facebook has been the most helpful, and I've received minimal attention on the other two.
    I guess what I'm looking for is some advice for how to reach more people/get them to donate. I'm nervous about sending out press releases because journalist and bloggers may not to write about my project if it is still completely in the conceptual stage.
    Please let me know if you have any useful feedback for me.
    I'll post periodic updates of my progress.
    I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and you can check out my project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/81 ... rtland-mai
    Thanks,

Nat

• Treasure-Hearts
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Project has hit a snag--LemonCycle

by Treasure-Hearts » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:18 am

I would consider editing this line:
    I perused Craigslist for a while, but I just couldn't see myself working in a nursing home or washing dishes at a restaurant.

While i'm sure you didn't mean it that way, saying that you couldn't see yourself working in a nursing home is like saying you couldn't see yourself helping others. Since many people fund kickstarter campaigns because they are looking to help others, they may feel that you are undeserving.

I'm definitely not an expert as i have only just launched my own kickstarter campaign, but that is what stood out for me when reading your kickstarter.
    Oh, also, why not set up a reward that is not just 'ships to usa' even if its a small donation for a reward like: a postcard of your lemoncycle in a famous portland location. (or even a digital postcard)
  • LemonCycle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by LemonCycle » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks for the advice--I'll fix that line. Anyone have any insight with the whole press release thing?
  • Larry91316
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Larry91316 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:23 pm

best of luck, your young, and have many great adventures ahead of you
  • shank
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by shank » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:23 am

First off - Kudos for starting so young!

What I've learned is that it takes money to raise money. Also, your initial pledge is too high, start with $1 and you might find people willing to donate that amount.

I'm also curious how you plan to ship the lemonade?
  • LemonCycle
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by LemonCycle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm not going to ship the lemonade, I'm planning to send paper vouchers. I'll take your $1 recommendation into account, thank you for that.

I just had an article published online in the local newspaper, and already have two backers from that. It goes to print on Friday, so hopefully that will drive even more traffic to the page. My hopes are beginning to climb back up!
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:01 am

Nice project. I backed it.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:31 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman