Expert Help, What defines Therapy?
  • kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Expert Help, What defines Therapy?

by kelly101 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi everyone,
    We are planning on launching a device on Kickstarter which will assist with the treatment of anxiety. Its a biofeedback device that allows the user to monitor their anxiety levels and actively change them.
    I notice that Kickstarter does not allow any devices that claim to 'treat or cure' an illness.
    I can understand their fears in this regard but can anyone advise me as to whether a 'self help' device that claims to assist with treatments and not cure or control them would be allowed on Kickstarter?
    I am a Medical Physicist and my partners are both Neuroscientists so this isn't a scam 'self help' device it will only claim to do what it can be proven to do.
    Thanks
    Alan

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Expert Help, What defines Therapy?

by sbriggman » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:49 pm

I think it's a gray area and you're going to have to see when you submit it. You can also always go with Indiegogo or another platform down the road.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • kelly101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Expert Help, What defines Therapy?

by kelly101 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Thanks for the response. I submitted the same question to KS and they responded in somewhat the same manner. They said that they wont accept any device that cures treats etc.. but if we market it correctly as a self awareness device it might be allowed. We can see, I think Indiegogo might be a more suitable platform anyway.
    Thanks
    Alan