First day of Kickstarter Launch. Any tips?
  • Women in Blues
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

First day of Kickstarter Launch. Any tips?

by Women in Blues » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:35 am

Hi,

I just launched a Kickstarter campaign to source funds to complete a documentary film called Women in Blues which is about female blues musicians who are thriving in the male-dominated world of blues music. The campaign has been live for a few hours and we've seen a few donations but are, of course, hoping to create more momentum. I know that the first week of a campaign is very important. Would anyone happen to have any nuggets of wisdom or advice on key things to focus on in this first week? (the campaign goes for 30 days).

We already have a sizeable social media presence and bloggers who have been kind enough to cover the campaign.

Here is the link to the page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wo ... n-in-blues

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you

• Chao33
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: First day of Kickstarter Launch. Any tips?

by Chao33 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:38 am

hi there :)

let's help each other out!
    back me $1 and I'll back you $1!

check how it's important here: help-backers-back-me-1-and-i-ll-back-you-back-t4707.html
  • gregc
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by gregc » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:02 am

Wow Chao33, that's exactly the same answer you gave to a totally unrelated question. One might even call it spam.

In the first few days one of the most important tasks is to mobilise your early backer base. I like to write back to each person who's backed individually thanking them for their pledge, trying to find out why they're excited (and what I can do to help further that) and asking if they're able to share the project further so that they can get their pledge (and maybe more if we hit stretch goals!)

In general you want to hit 33% funding in the first three days - the first two days of a campaign are the most critical, if you don't build enough momentum there then you're unlikely to succeed. If that should happen don't panic, but start thinking about how and when you're going to cancel and relaunch your campaign - there are plenty of times that a relaunch has pounded the original campaign into dust and gone on to be fantastically successful.
  • Chao33
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Chao33 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:52 am

well then, I'm sorry that you think so.

If you cared to have a glance at my post you would have noticed that getting a number of backers and comments in a really short time DOES help keeping/bringing back projects into sight - it worked for many projects (as I have read on this very forum and other articles) and I'm hoping to duplicate such effective path rather than paying to some "community services" with no instant effect. So is that spam? I'd call it mutual aid between project owners 8-)

gregc wrote:Wow Chao33, that's exactly the same answer you gave to a totally unrelated question. One might even call it spam.
  • Women in Blues
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Women in Blues » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks gregc and Chao33 for the tips.

Writing back to each person who has backed individually to thank them for their pledge and asking them to share the project further sounds like a really good idea. Even though I'm not the Director, I'm really grateful to the people who have donated to the campaign so far so I hope I can convey that.

Re. the 33% funding goal: we've only hit 2% of our funding as I write this and it's worrying.
  • ryany124
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ryany124 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Chao33 wrote:let's help each other out!

Love the team effort!
  • Jazz Sun
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Jazz Sun » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:56 pm

I think Chao33 and gregc are both right!!!

It's always better to spend money on the right person to appreciate them directly.But to ask the early backer why they give you their pledge and is also a good way to identify your target audience.User interaction and find more right user are both we need to do in the same time.
  • Women in Blues
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Women in Blues » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Thanks Jazz Sun
  • DanJaker
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DanJaker » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:56 pm

You can go to fiverr and have traffic directed to the link
  • lovapp
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lovapp » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:58 am

Anything useful in here?