My first novel kickstarter project: Here is my back story
  • MelissaRE220
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

My first novel kickstarter project: Here is my back story

by MelissaRE220 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:40 pm

I am Melissa, and I am hoping to find others like me, becoming a published author for the first time. I have been reading and writing at a very young age, and I did it just for the fun of it. I'm sure my parents were happy when I was a kid and a young teen because I enjoyed writing so much, I stayed home the majority of my weekends. (Until I turned 16) :D After writing many short stories, I happened to have a dream that was so interesting that I had to write about it. It turned out to be an interesting tale that took me 2+ years to complete, my very first novel. I was 14 when I began it (Year 2000), and just shy of my 16th birthday when I completed it. Now as the years went on, I continued to pick it up and put it back down. I constantly ran into obstacles trying to figure out who I was going to be after high school, but when I was finally able to settle in 2009, I picked the story back up in November of 2011 and re-wrote the original, completing it this year in June. I am so pleased and excited about the story that I have spun from the original that I hope everyone will feel the same once it is out on the bookshelves. But I am afraid that my lifelong dream may not happen by the new year unless my Kickstarter project is funded. I've reached out to my friends, family, and the community and I have an interview with the base paper. I am hoping to be able to reach out to others that may be interested in my back story as well as my Kickstarter project. I am new to this, so any advice would also be very much appreciated. Here is the URL to my Kickstarter in case you want to learn more: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/151 ... irst-novel

Hope to make new friends! Thanks for taking the time to learn about me and my project!

-Melissa
    Attachments
    Me & My Son
    Me & My Son
    1236625_629374200428852_64137304_n.jpg (37.23 KiB) Viewed 1332 times

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: My first novel kickstarter project: Here is my back stor

by sbriggman » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:01 am

Hey Melissa. Welcome to the forum. Seems like you are on track to be funded if you keep increasing your backer count steadily. It's awesome that you've stuck with writing all this time. Good luck! I hope you receive more pledges. Let us know if you have learned anything from running your campaign.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.