How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?
  • Anne52Teas
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: How many projects have you backed and why do you back th

by Anne52Teas » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:17 am

I've backed three successful campaigns. I'm currently backing 12 other campaigns.

My first two campaigns, I backed because I happened to know the owner - he's the current owner of the company that I'm looking to take over with my current Kickstarter project. I've known him for a few years now, and I believe in his project and that's why I backed those two.

The third successful campaign, I backed because the aforementioned owner of the first two projects told me about the campaign and I loved the project. I fell in love with the artwork. In addition to being a tea artist, I'm also a visual artist and I found her artwork to be compelling and unique and truly beautiful. That's why I backed that campaign.

I found that after launching my own campaign, that there are so many cool projects going on out there and I wanted to be a part of them. That's why I backed most of the campaigns that I have.

Others, I got to know the people that were launching the campaign, either because they backed me and we got to talking via message on Kickstarter or I discovered their campaign via twitter and got to chatting with them there.

My motivation to back most of those is because I saw a creative project and I wanted to help out a fellow kickstarter.

And for the projects that involve tea, I backed because ... well ... tea. I've got a hot and heavy thing for tea.

ETA: my campaign, just in case someone wants to go back me: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/497705217/the-great-52teas-take-over

• Selena802
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Selena802 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:37 pm

I have only backed one so far. I love fun campaigns that make me laugh. :) Too much negativity in the world already.
  • Jinte
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Jinte » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:03 pm

I'm just beginning to join the crowd funding genius!! So far, I would say about 3. I'm actually starting local first and then think of expanding to projects out of state just to support my local community. My latest support has been for CHICKEN SALT on Kickstarter. My mom needs to update her ingredients to HEALTHY ONES!!
  • Zencachola
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Zencachola » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:13 am

I backed 24 projects that needed help. They were really cool and had a purpose. I backed one that I really wanted and they already hit their goal 3X... but they didn't deliver. I was a little disappointed. I continue to back projects that I believe in.
    The Kickstarter project that keeps on giving: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/as ... ry_popular
  • kiqstarter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kiqstarter » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:18 am

I've backed 9 projects. My first was the ergonomic shovel (which I am still waiting for!!) The most recent was this emergency escape tool which I think is something everyone should really keep in their cars!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/34 ... -lifesaver
  • dougfrye
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dougfrye » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi Folks,
    I'm at 191 right now. The vast majority of my backed projects are playing card-related. I've established a decent collection and have often often bought several decks so I can keep some in my collection, open ones I'm really interested in, and have one or more to sell if I ever decide to do so.
    Another project I backed was to help fund "PongSat," a satellite with many student experiments in ping pong ball-sized containers. I love that kind of thing!
    Doug
  • allenac05
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by allenac05 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:18 am

I've backed 9 projects now. With the latest being this really cool self-cleaning toilet brush. I wish I had thought of it first! Great idea: http://kck.st/1N0drbJ
  • herringtj
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by herringtj » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:15 am

I've backed 7.

I back because I like the idea. I personally rarely watch the videos. I mostly just read about the concept and if it sounds rad and I think the person can pull it off. I pledge.
  • vivi25
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by vivi25 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:15 am

I have backed three projects. The first two have ended, but I backed them because they involved medical expenses and I believe they were great causes.

Recently, I have backed a unique Kickstarter for a new TV show called "Dream Writers" in Atlanta, GA. They are a hard-working group who are hilarious and I hope this gets funded! If anyone is interested, it can be found at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... ision-show
  • abyrne77
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by abyrne77 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:16 pm

I have backed two projects so far.

1. I backed the Reading Rainbow project because I loved the show as a kid and wanted to bring this magic to kids today and instill the love of reading in the next generation.

2. I just backed the publication of a book that looks really cool. It is a book of reflections on one man's year long solitary meditation retreat and finding true happiness: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... -seclusion

Kickstarter is awesome, some of these projects would never see the light of day without the help and generosity of everyday people coming together to support the things we believe in.