Become a Blog author or Guest writer
  • MichaelTumey
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Become a Blog author or Guest writer

by MichaelTumey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:13 pm

Another great way to promote your projects is to start your own blog, and if you're too busy for that then become a guest author or weely columnist for an online 'zine that focuses on your industry for the kind of project you're creating.

While I've been busy posting news releases, starting forum threads of my project in industry related forums (RPG game forums are my targets), I've been invited to become the Cartography columnist for G*M*S magazine - a popular RPG game blog/zine run by Paco Garcia Jaen. Paco's site gets a million hits a month, making it an excellent marketing platform.

My first article has been posted helping would-be game mappers in choosing the right software for their needs:

The Cartographer's Table - Which Mapping Software is Best for You?

I'll be posting articles on Map Product Reviews, Map Tutorials and others of cartographic interest.

Since RPG map tutorials is what my Kickstarter is about, having a weekly online news column gives me credentials that is more publicly available, keeping me in the minds of my target market and another weekly place I can promote my Kickstarter and other projects. Note my Kickstarter project is linked at the bottom of the article (and every future article too!)

If you have some talent at writing, get yourself a blog or become a regular blog writer to not only give a platform to promote your products, but keeping yourself constantly exposed to your marketing public.

25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide Kickstarter - create stunning RPG maps using any standard graphics software.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Become a Blog author or Guest writer

by sbriggman » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:51 pm

Good advice. I recommend guest posting also - starting your own blog is better, but don't expect content marketing on your own blog to generate much traffic for the first 4 months.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • MichaelTumey
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by MichaelTumey » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:18 am

While the next article I do will be the first of 3 part map tutorial, because it's more enticing content to readers of articles on roleplaying game maps, the one to follow that, say end of next week, I'm writing an article on RPG map projects currently on Kickstarter. Of course I'll put my own Map Tutorials Kickstarter on top, but I will be looking to cross-promote any current game map related product live on Kickstarter now. I also know of one that will be starting up soon, and I'll post that last.

Note: when I say mention, I mean more than title and link, I'll post a small blurb, goal, current funding state, and end date. If you have a one line explanation of your project - I'll post that too.

Anyone with a gaming map related Kickstarter, I will do some cross-promoting, by posting you in the article, in exchange for an update on your Kickstarter mentioning the 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide Kickstarter.

Respond in this thread, if you're interested, or PM me.

Michael
    25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide Kickstarter - create stunning RPG maps using any standard graphics software.
    BikerKarl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BikerKarl » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:16 pm

sbriggman:

Absolutely, starting your own blog is much better. Control, content, links, all on your own platform. Defiantly a long ball strategy, as you most likely will not see much in the realm on content marketing for awhile. Perhaps long them 4 months if you are not reaching out to others.

To build on that you can:

Transition that domain (the blog) into the location of a physical products page/sales page for a longer vantage point to keep what you are doing in perspective. (and the seo benefits is icing on top)

or:

Keep blogging behind the scenes of the company if the product makes sense.

or:

Sell it on sites like Flippa or [url]EmpireFlippers.com[/url]
    Kick Start Your Journey
    www.kickstartyourjourney.com
  • KaylaJune
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by KaylaJune » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:59 am

Thanks for sharing. It will help me a lot regarding the Blogging.