oliver.prescott
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Pixel Shift HyperLight Kickstarter Launched

by oliver.prescott » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Cover1.png
    Cover1.png (233.4 KiB) Viewed 600 times

Hello all,

My name is Oliver Prescott, I’ve been working on this project for over a year now and I just recently launched a Kickstarter for it. The game is a twin Stick arcade shooter that I am developing for desktop and mobile devices. So far I have it running in windows 8 and windows RT.

So if retro arcade games are something you are interested in please check it out. There is also a severe lack of quality games on the windows app store and I hope to contribute to fixing that in a small part with my game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... hyperlight

Please help me make a dream come true by supporting this project with a pledge. The project is already 9 percent funded and I’ve got 25 more days to go. With the success of this campaign I will be porting it to iOS and Android.
    Thanks for your time and if you have any feedback on the Kickstarter project or the game itself that would be great.

The two biggest areas of cost are computer hardware and software. The funding in these areas will go towards building a new development workstation and the software I need to finish making the game. The current system I am developing on has had a few upgrades but it is quite old and is reaching the end of it life, to be able to continue development at the necessary pace will require new hardware.

Going over this chart you might have noticed the total goal for the overall project is actually more than the estimated cost that I’ve reached, there reason for this is to take into account unknown delays and developments as well as to try to account for the cost of pledge rewards. Many times I see people actually have a successful Kickstarter campaign only to realize they hadn’t taken into account how much they would actually have to spend on pledges and end up not having enough money for their actual project. Having a successful campaign doesn’t equal a project being finished and that’s something that I am most definitely taking into account with this project.

According to kickspy.com I'm trending towards being funded with $7,275 dollars! They base that off of comparing my project to other similar projects in the past. So lets make this prediction a reality and get this game over funded, not looking for "Exploding Kittens" levels of over funding but that would be awesome too. so check it out, share this Kickstarter with your friends and family and most of all if you want to see this game released contribute! Even a couple dollars adds the goal.

http://www.kickspy.com/projects/2053253 ... hyperlight

Pixel Shift HyperLight is a Twin-Stick arcade shooter designed from the ground up to be a fast paced action packed arcade game. The goal of the game is simple - last as long as you can and get the highest score possible. Pixel Shift is all about bragging rights, do you have what it takes to get the highest score? Can you unlock every achievement? Can you go the whole game without using a single power up?
    The idea behind Pixel Shift is that it starts off slow and easy and quickly ramps up the speed and difficulty. My hope is that it will be easy for anyone to pick up and play and have fun doing so. Yet still take a long time to master. The controls are similar to those of a twin stick shooter but mapped to virtual thumb sticks for touch controls. The Left stick controls the players movement, while the right stick controls aiming and firing your weapon.

You start the game in the center of a rectangular arena and you must evade and destroy incoming enemies. This starts off fairly slow giving the player a chance to get the hang of the game, but watch out because this slow period doesn’t last long! Before you know it you’

oliver.prescott
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Pixel Shift HyperLight Kickstarter Launched

by oliver.prescott » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:52 am

I've also got a Facebook page for those that want to follow development and campaign updates

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pixel-SH ... 6892824546
    Last edited by oliver.prescott on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Pixel Shift HyperLight Kickstarter Launched

by Cristina » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:19 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman