Could you give some advice before I spend $1,000 on FB ads?
  • decibite
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Could you give some advice before I spend $1,000 on FB ads?

by decibite » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Why I started Decibite: Since web-hosting companies own the resources, they control the rules. I am going to provide the benefits of owning a server without the headache of maintaining one.

How my team will do this:
    A. Provide full accountability and transparency so you'll never worry about your site crashing again, even from a traffic surge.
    B. Built in security features to avoid privacy issues and NSA bullying tactics, as advised by Edward Snowden.
    C. Direct technical support so not to waste your time and to solve your problems immediately.
    D. Invest in an asset that you can customize to your liking at an affordable upfront purchase and low maintenance bill that you can either rent out or sell to others. Compared to our major competitors, most people are able to save money within a year.

What we're offering:
    Everything from shared web-hosting to a dedicated server. All perks will also include trees that will be planted in your name, which will be used to offset our carbon emissions.

I've got a landing page that my team has created to collect interest here. You can also preview our campaign here.

We've designed the landing page so anyone who refer others can earn free perks, even up to free shared web-hosting for a year ($85 value) or VPS server ($475 value)!

Could you give me some feedback before I spend $1,000 on Facebook ads?

Decibite: The benefits of server ownership without the hassle of maintaining one. Web-hosting for the 21st Century.

Be first to hear about our project and great discounts at http://www.decibite.com!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Could you give some advice before I spend $1,000 on FB a

by sbriggman » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:48 am

"Could you give me some feedback before I spend $1,000 on Facebook ads?"

Well, I would only spend money on FB ads when you already know that people like your rewards and are converting. Otherwise, you could send a bunch of traffic to your campaign and it might not convert into pledges.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Fpex
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Fpex » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:10 am

I tried it last year and .... it does not work. It does not attract people you do not already know to pledge.
  • uttoransen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by uttoransen » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 am

Hey Decibite,

Just went through your kickstarter draft, seems good. I like how you have spread your rewards, plenty of choices to pick from.

I agree that web hosting is a tricky thing. Shared hosting is provided at dirt cheap prices but once your site starts to gain even the slightest of visibility online, you will start to see lack of resources on your webhost. Currently, we are paying over $100 a month on VPS and so far it seems to be holding good.

We are having a network of about 9000+ bloggers registered on our site, we have discussed web hosts in length. It is not just about server resources either, blogs and sites get hacked, they lose database tables etc. A webhost has to be much more effective in solving such issues.

Am a blogger since 2005, I have tried out several web hosts so far, none has been really great so far. I hope you will be able to do a better job.

Now, coming back to your question about Facebook - I do recommend facebook advertising, but you have to do it properly. On our marketing packages, we spend 50% of our funds on facebook ads. However, I like to spread the rest of it over other networks too like - Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and Adwords, just to make sure we get a good coverage.

For Facebook, don't try to spend the money quickly - rather try the different options you have. Sponsored posts, boosting posts etc. If you are not getting a cheaper cost per engagement etc. try to run multiple ads and see which one is cheap and effective. Then start to scale it. Mostly I leave PPC for my expert team, but I do try it sometimes with a smaller budget to gain some experience,

Best of luck for your campaign,
    hope you get funded,

regards,
    Uttoran Sen,
    We back and promote every Crowd Funding Campaign posted on our Crowd Speaking website.
    thegadgetflow
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by thegadgetflow » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Just dont do it:) It would be much better to split it to services and other networks rather than focusing 100% on facebook especially if its your first investment.
    ---------------------------
    Submit Your Project - Get 10% OFF w/ Code: KSF10
    As Seen On: Entrepreneur, Forbes,
    We are listed on Kickstarter and Indiegogo as Experts!