My story: A story of milestones
  • Chrisboyd88
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

My story: A story of milestones

by Chrisboyd88 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:09 pm

The project I'm working on is a superhero action film set on a college campus. This film marked many milestones for me in my professional career. The script for the film was the first film script I ever obtained a legal and legit copyright certification on. This script is also the first feature film idea that I was able to write beginning to end without jumping to another project; I stuck with it and eventually finished the script.

I think these milestones are what continue to inspire me and push me forward. I got my start in filmmaking using a HI-8 camcorder to shoot the video and a VCR to edit to VHS tape. Eventually I got to work with professional grade software and equipment. The next milestone was getting to work with an actual cast of actors and crew. Working with an actual cast and crew rather than your friends (no offense to friends) really made me feel like I was a real director and creator. Shortly after that milestone I hit another. A local club owner agreed to show my recently completed feature documentary on a big projector screen in his club. The night of the premiere, the club was packed and it felt like I was at a film festival and everyone wanted to see my film. The documentary followed 4 local rock bands in their quest as local musicians. Right after the movie ended, we planned a 3 band rock concert, which turned out amazing. That was a good night.

Recently, I've added completing a feature film script, and making my production company a legal business entity to my list of milestones. I'm going to keep on going, and I urge you all to do the same and keep pushing and fighting to follow your dreams. If you would like to view my project, the link is:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ch ... teel-saber

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: My story: A story of milestones

by sbriggman » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:38 pm

How's the campaign going so far?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.