Has anyone else had a slow beginning?
  • jtandco
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Has anyone else had a slow beginning?

by jtandco » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:24 am

Hey everyone so i just launched yesterday: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/34 ... ty-scarves and I've only raised about $58 I was just wondering to all of you kickstarter veterans does it get better with time?

• ExplodingDesk
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

Re: Has anyone else had a slow beginning?

by ExplodingDesk » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:05 pm

First I want to say, your Kickstarter page and video look awesome, well done.

From what I understand, it's not good to have a slow start. It might be a sign that you didn't do enough PR prior to launch. You want to have a core group of people ready and waiting to pledge on day one.
    Dylan Waller, Founder of Quest Scouts
    Fulfill Objectives to Complete Quests and Earn Real Life Badges!
    www.QuestScouts.com
  • Jwen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jwen » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:14 pm

As long you have more days, it's never late to look for help.
    Try to do research and promote more on your social media page.
    I hope the best for your Campaign :)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Typically, it's easiest to get funding in the first few days, as you will be in the recently launched section and if you can get your friends and family to pledge, you might start to rank well in their algorithm. It's pretty much a grind the entire time. Many campaigns will see a pickup towards the end. I just did a podcast (not live yet) with a guy who got big spikes in pledge growth due to media coverage. Will have that interview up soon.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • uttoransen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by uttoransen » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:44 pm

To be honest slow beginning isn't exactly a good thing. However you have 13 backers so far and that is good to start with.

Try to get as many bids as possible at the start of your campaign, that is how you increase your chances of getting selected into the "staff pick" which finally results into more support,

regards,
    Uttoran Sen,
    We back and promote every Crowd Funding Campaign posted on our Crowd Speaking website.
    savethetoothpicks
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by savethetoothpicks » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 pm

Couldn't get any worse than our beginning. 7 days...4 pledges. We've definitely built a better mouse trap, the problem is, nobody knows it exists. Whatever the algorithms are, they aren't working for us. A few days ago, we were 90 projects down in the listings. Now, we're 119 down. Nobody clicks down that far. Seems the ONLY people finding our project are the "sharks"...crowdfunding empresarios willing to sell their social media followers to you for a hefty price. Saw one this morning, $2991 PLUS 2.75% of the funds YOU raise. This has become a new business for people who don't know how to create anything...just sell something that someone else created, and make money off their sweat. To me, it somewhat taints the "innocent nature" of the crowdfunding craze. I get the impression that crowdfunding sites are ANTI big business...but they have become what they hate, and have created an entire industry of "tag-alongs" only...ONLY....interested in making money off of you. Whatever happened to "save the world?" What I've learned....if you aren't willing to pay for someone's contact list, and you just started your social media pages in the last week...the ship is sunk before you even launch. I'm scrambling to scrape up attention, but with only 22 days to go.....I can see the writing on the wall.
  • campa52
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by campa52 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:18 pm

I had an extremely slow beginning.
    I only reached certain friends and family asking them to share my campaign and they did, but nobody gave money.
    I then changed my strategy, on the first day still, to ask individually for all my friends and family to give 5$ to get momentum...and it worked...people gave ...we are now at 117% and 29 days to go
    Check it out:
    http://igg.me/at/devils

Dont be afraid to ask people for money
    Devils in Disguise 117% reached 29 days to go
    http://igg.me/at/devils
  • Caselace
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Caselace » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:16 pm

I think Campa52 has a good approach. We've tried not to bombard people just before Christmas as to be honest people have a lot on their minds and crowdfunding is not at the top of their agenda. Asking our nearest and dearest is paying a few dividends and we're also sending them a short script with a link to our campaign, no more than a couple of lines of text, so they can multiply our nearest network with theirs. We'll keep you posted as to whether this works ;)
  • mindy
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mindy » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:15 am

My project http://igg.me/at/giayee-AtomPC also had a slow beginning. What's the problem?
    This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section
    Ken Peavey
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Ken Peavey » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:42 am

I've been following https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/growing-futures-compost-kenya/x/9244209.
    The Primary is posting updates, but they appear to be blog posts.
    I see no other promotion by the Primary. I've put the link on a forum, some facebook groups, and my site.
    Crowdfund project one day: The Natural Growing and Small Farm Reader
    http://farmwhisperer.com/natural-growing-and-small-farm-reader