Five Common Kickstarter Mistakes (Podcast)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Five Common Kickstarter Mistakes (Podcast)

by sbriggman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Read the full article here: http://www.crowdcrux.com/five-common-ki ... s-podcast/

blog post thumbnail.png
    blog post thumbnail.png (124.44 KiB) Viewed 668 times

Today, I’m going to be covering some the top Kickstarter crowdfunding mistakes I’ve witnessed in the past two years from helping creators launch Kickstarter projects.

This segment is part of a larger talk that I gave at Harvard to a graduate student group at the beginning of the week. It’s amazing to see how quickly crowdfunding is growing and how more and more entrepreneurs are using Kickstarter as a financial tool to get their passion projects off the ground.

I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think in the comments section below!

Download the podcast here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cro ... 20432?mt=2

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • israbatista
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Five Common Kickstarter Mistakes (Podcast)

by israbatista » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:22 pm

thank you so much!
  • johnnie smith
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Five Common Kickstarter Mistakes (Podcast)

by johnnie smith » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:58 pm

AWESOME!

Took Notes while hearing. Here they are:

1. They won't come just because you've built it. You need marketing and/or networking.

2. First couple of days (and last few days) are honeymoon. First week is crucial ! [early bird rewards may help]

3. If you had a successful campaign, there's no rest afterwards. Fulfilling is no easy or free task. Include shipping costs in your budget. Consult with an attorney for tax purposes. Average profit of 5-10% is taxable.

4. Research 10 to 20+ similar projects in the same category. Use kicktraq or google search, filter with time to find who promoted them. Adding + to the URL will show bit.ly breakdown and locations of clicks.

5. Rocket-ship Cruising vs Car Driving. The first has it's specific formulas and instructions. The latter is an art with no specifics. Running a KS is like car driving. Trial and Error is key. Leave a buffer for the errors so you remain profitable.

Even if you fail once, even if you fail twice, your third try should be successful.