'Continue?' - a gaming short film advocating organ donation
  • Shan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

'Continue?' - a gaming short film advocating organ donation

by Shan » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:15 am

Hi everyone!

I'm Shan and I am the producer of the short film 'Continue?' We have launched a Kickstarter last month that you can check out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104037203/continue-a-short-film
    'Continue?' is a short film advocating organ donation by exploring the importance of communal support in an individual’s life.

PLOT:
    The story unfolds through the eyes of a Gamer as she plays through the story of the arcade game 'Ray's Run'. Ray, the game's main protagonist, wakes up to find that his arch enemy, Mr. Gloom, has kidnapped his girlfriend and plans to sacrifice her to gain eternal life. In a classic response, Ray decides to go on a Kung Fu journey, to raise support and rescue his beloved from the evil clutches of Mr. Gloom. It is up to the Gamer to keep Ray alive by fighting for him and feeding the arcade machine precious heart tokens when he falls. Will Ray gather enough support to reach the Tower of Evil and defeat Mr. Gloom?

WHY ARE WE MAKING THIS?
    We are aiming to make this film for The FilmLife Project, an annual event that screens short films that encourage viewers to 'have the chat' that saves lives regarding organ and tissue donation. We aim to create a short film entry that not only entertains with its story and gaming culture references, but also engages the wider audience with its style and humour. We want this film to engage younger audiences without confronting them with the fragility of life. We are essentially tapping into the nostalgia felt by fans of classic gaming and appealing to their positive mind.

WHAT WE NEED
    At the time of posting this, we need $2,200AUD to reach our target. We've hit a bit of a slump so we're currently encouraging smaller pledges of $10 so that we can thank you in our credits! However, anything more than that (to earn you copies of a digital copy of the film, soundtrack, photo albums, wallpaper, and the highest perk featuring our limited edition game tokens we have created), would be so deeply appreciated!

Thanks for reading and for your support!

P.S. I welcome any feedback about the campaign, so please feel free to post any comments here, or in my Kickstarter campaign, as well! x