What have you learned from running a Kickstarter campaign?
  • miloumilou
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What have you learned from running a Kickstarter campaig

by miloumilou » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been working on my kickstarter campaign very hard and I am finally about to launch. I have lost time (5days) so my campaign would be only 25 days long because I would like it to end a week before Xmas to send early birds as Xmas gifts.
    TWO QUESTIONS:
    -Does anyone know if you can send early birds (meaning access backers adress) if successful before the end of the campaign? >>>Do you access backers address when all the money is transfered (2weeks) or before (so you can send early birds)?
    - If a product is related to Xmas would you stop the campaign a week before to send early birds or end it let say 22 December?

thanks a lot for your help!!

• miloumilou
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by miloumilou » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been working on my kickstarter campaign very hard and I am finally about to launch. I have lost time (5days) so my campaign would be only 25 days long because I would like it to end a week before Xmas to send early birds as Xmas gifts.
    TWO QUESTIONS:
    -Does anyone know if you can send early birds (meaning access backers adress) if successful before the end of the campaign? >>>Do you access backers address when all the money is transfered (2weeks) or before (so you can send early birds)?
    - If a product is related to Xmas would you stop the campaign a week before to send early birds or end it let say 22 December?

thanks a lot for your help!!
    Eaglespeaker
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Eaglespeaker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:59 pm

... absolutely awesome feedback from everyone ... I read every response ... great advice for my own native graphic novel kickstarter campaign ...
    NAPI: UNcut & Uncensored (a native graphic novel)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/63 ... phic-novel
  • Shan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Shan » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:02 am

1. I feel like I should have had a bigger following before I started. Thing is, I'm a bit of an introvert, and I don't YT, or discuss a lot on forums or Twitter, etc.

2. You can receive generous pledges from places you least expect to!

3. People whom I have known for a long time may openly decide to not support you, and that's hurt me a lot. We're doing a short film to advocate organ donation. Here it is for some context: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104037203/continue-a-short-film
    I have been told things like 'this looks like a uni project', when this has been shown to post-production companies and they have loved it. I've also been told that I should stop posting messages to people to pledge, when really, how else will people know about the campaign? This kind of criticism came from people I believed were closest to me.
  • SOSOBROTHERS
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SOSOBROTHERS » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:10 am

Hey,

We only been online on Kickstarter for 2 days now. But we've learnt that it's harder than you think.

First day went really well, but slowing down now on the second day. Anyway we keep pushing on and still with 27 days to go there might be some people that still would like a cheap pair of customized jeans from Japanese denim.

http://kck.st/1vZaXEG
    -- SOSO BROTHERS

www.sosobrothers.com
  • jtandco
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jtandco » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:21 am

Oh man after hearing soso brothers not sure what to think i just launched https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/34 ... ty-scarves and I've only raised $58 I was hoping it would get better
  • Jwen
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Jwen » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Prepare early, I mean waaaaayyyy early. I learn it the hard way! But I will learn from this mistake :)
    If I do my campaign 3 or 4 months before we launch I think we can do better than this but hey we stil have people who interested in our product and I sincerely thank them. Please check KaVii out. Our campaign still live and running http://bit.ly/kickstartkavii
  • Gareth Craven
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Gareth Craven » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:25 pm

I've learned that a lot of what Kickstarter says isn't entirely true. Helps to gather a community? Not in my experience. Have your idea seen by hundreds of people? Not in my experience. Kickstarter works by favoring the projects that make them the most money. So before you even start make sure that you have people readily willing put some money in the moment you make your project public.

Although Kickstarter did nothing for me, I've still managed to build a community around my project. I now have over 100+ artists supporting me on Facebook and Twitter! Our idea to help bring people's artistic ideas to life with the help of artists will soon come to a successful launch!
  • juanibegood
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by juanibegood » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Hi! I can definitely relate to being an introvert trying to procure a social network -- can be frustrating. My campaign has 8 days to go and we are only at 50%, but it did get chosen as a Staff Pick. I think you spend so much time creating the video and written content that you can be kind of exhausted when you launch- especially if you are like me and just want to get it out as soon as possible. I would say media- contact bloggers, etc.

I am still going on my campaign so please check it out and tell me what you think! Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... egood-show
  • Pjb19
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Pjb19 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Thanks everyone, helped me out a little