Paid Promotions - Worth it?
    MikeTinisser
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Paid Promotions - Worth it?

by MikeTinisser » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:02 pm

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with paid promotions and if you believe they are worth the money. I'm currently at 21.06% ($316 / $1500) after 6 days, but I know most of my Reddit supporters who are able have contributed (my original audience).

I just don't know if the paid services are the right ones to market a book, or if we have kind of hit the point where there are so many projects it is hard to get noticed. I've seen some really great campaigns fail and mine is kind of a niche audience (Thriller/Suspense Readers).

I doubt I'll have another writing project get the kind of initial attention this one has gotten, but I also don't want it to stall out and not hit goal. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Mike

Debut Novel The Second Girl now on Kickstarter! http://bit.ly/thesecondgirl
    Kid Rocket Studios
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Paid Promotions - Worth it?

by Kid Rocket Studios » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:44 pm

We've received a TON of paid promotional support offers since launching our campaign. It's pretty hard to determine whether or not these are worth it. Would also love to hear about prior experiences with these services.
  • thamawat
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thamawat » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:55 pm

We've received multiple offers of boos from various players, however; so far we are relying in stead on FB advertising and Google Adwords as well as whatever buzz we can generate ourselves (I'm in charge of our social media). We posted a video on youtube with specified keywords and it is performing quite well, although I haven't really got a clue as to how that converts for our kickstarter campaign.

http://www.openmono.com/kickstarter (redirects to kickstarter, can't remember the ID)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:28 am

I would highly recommend googling the names of any company that approaches you. It depends on what they offer.

So far we are relying in stead on FB advertising and Google Adwords

Buying traffic is usually best if you already have an idea of your conversion rate. If you don't have an idea, you could be paying for traffic to come to the page and it may not convert into pledges or social shares. Buying traffic does have other benefits early on like A/B testing your marketing messages and having more people recognize your brand.

If it's super early on, I would recommend creating some kind of landing page with email signup rather than directing the traffic to a bit of news about your company or your unpublished Kickstarter page.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • johnnie smith
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by johnnie smith » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:16 am

sbriggman wrote:I would recommend creating some kind of landing page with email signup rather than directing the traffic to a bit of news about your company or your unpublished Kickstarter page.

Your landing page can also have tools such as Google analytics so you know where your good traffic comes from.
  • thamawat
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thamawat » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:53 am

Thank you for your reply. We are using paid traffic foremost to create awareness of our product in our target groups. We both have google analytics as well as a landing page. : http://openmono.com/landing

We are also making use of FB, Twitter and the Kickstarter updates to engage our fans, followers and backers. :)
  • voxoa
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by voxoa » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:39 am

I received many PR offers after our project went live on Kickstarter. It's pretty hard to know how to pick one. I think it's great to have some media buzz.

I had a tiny budget on Facebook, $10/day for branding awareness for about two weeks. https://www.facebook.com/theBTunes
    Dp
    My Kickstarter Project
    The BTunes: Plug in Pure Wireless HiFi Sound.
    http://kck.st/1xvx4Bh