Help! Trouble with video link in facebook
  • loveyourlingo
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Help! Trouble with video link in facebook

by loveyourlingo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:47 am

Hi all!

I launched my campaign yesterday and I'm getting great feedback and lots of sharing on facebook but my problem is my potential backers are not very familiar with kickstarter and so all the interest is not translating to actual backers...Ive had 800 video views, countless people commenting how great it is, a publisher expressing their interest-all wonderful but I have only 35 actual backers so far (and if I'm honest they are mostly family and friends)...

WHat is making things worse is when the video is shared on facebook it plays in situ-it does not link to the kickstarter page...how can I make it only play on the KS page and attract people there? Or how can I alter things so that at least there is a link to click on?

Things are fine when I share it as I put the link but it's when others share it there is no link included-is there any solution?

Sorry I am dim with these things so please feel free to speak in basic language...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Una

Just launched!
    The Little Linguist's Alphabet http://kck.st/1BatAYw
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Help! Trouble with video link in facebook

by sbriggman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:14 pm

I did an interview with a guy who was running a Kickstarter who mentioned the same thing... most people don't know what Kickstarter is or how to pledge.

I think it's important to educate people leading up to the campaign, and if possible, provide them with a simple instruction document as to how to pledge, help, and stay up to date on the campaign.

To answer your question, you could take a screenshot of the Kickstarter project video, upload the image and include the title + link to the project? You could also have recognizable text in the video with a shortlink for people to go to that is specific to FB like "You can check out the project here: Me.com/Kickstarter." People would then have to type the url into their browser though. You could also try mentioning your company in the post so that if it's reshared, people can check out your company fb page. Make the link prominent on your company fb page.

You can see the interview here: http://www.crowdcrux.com/what-no-one-te ... ou-launch/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • FlameRidge
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FlameRidge » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Upload it to youtube.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/55 ... ic-shooter We're still accepting donations until January first!
  • loveyourlingo
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by loveyourlingo » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:54 am

Hi sbriggman and FlameRidge

Thank you so much for your replies.

I have inserted an informative slide into the video and I attempted to upload the new version to my project but I get a warning message saying that any shares of the old version which I would be removing will stop working on facebook...so I am now too afraid to touch it as my video is out there and I will never get it shared as effectively again. Luckily my company logo is the closing shot of the video so in theory people can google that and find the KS link via my webpage or off my fb. Am I correct in not uploading my new version of the video?

An important correction-I said the video that is shared on fb (by others) has no link but in fact if you hover over the video there is a tiny KS badge to click on...so in theory people should find it...I'm just frustrated as there is no reference in the video of there being any urgency about the whole thing, no reference to a funding goal or end date...you live and learn! I just dont think I can do all this again! I am tooooo tired!!!!!

thanks again for your support...
    Una
    Just launched!
    The Little Linguist's Alphabet http://kck.st/1BatAYw