Don't Feed the Trolls!
  • dont-feed-the-trolls
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Don't Feed the Trolls!

by dont-feed-the-trolls » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi!

My name's Liz and I'm working with Bad Wolf Films on a new documentary called Don't Feed the Trolls. It's a film about stereotypes in fandoms. Basically, we're trying to draw attention to really negative stereotypes about nerds (like the overweight guy who wears glasses and lives in his mom's basement) and how hurtful they can be.

The film's gonna show how fans are just like everyone else. That is, they're awesome. :-)
    We're at http://www.dont-feed-the-trolls.com

We've got our Kickstarter campaign going and we'd love to get as many fans involved as possible! It's a fan's film, after all.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/268 ... e-trolls-0

We (myself and Nicole) would really appreciate if you'd check us out and share our project with your fan friends! Or even anyone who's been touched by negative stereotypes! The film's just as much for them.

Thank you everyone!

~~~
    Liz

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Don't Feed the Trolls!

by sbriggman » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Hey Liz- How has the campaign been going? What are your conversions like for your video views and the number of people that finish it.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • dont-feed-the-trolls
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Don't Feed the Trolls!

by dont-feed-the-trolls » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:14 pm

This is our first campaign and I feel like it's going well. We've had very positive feedback for our campaign video and we've had a nice steady increase in popularity for our social media outlets surrounding the campaign. I feel like we could be doing more, but that could very well be our first-time-campaign uncertainty.

So far so good though!