What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • HarryValenti
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by HarryValenti » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Unfortunately i'm still a student.
    During past years i improved my skills in 3D rendering and recently i started crafting something about pixel art, UI Design and Motion graphics.
    I've already posted online several works like a new concept for Toribash which people loved :D
    I'm now working to design and develop KUBA (game) and MapUS (Android/iOS app)
    I hope to move out of my city soon.

dreamlandthemov
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by dreamlandthemov » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:18 pm

My name is Jessica Costa and I am a student majoring in Film and TV at NYU. I am currently working on a film, called “Dreamland,” which is a world that was created by a couple that can only be visited when they’re asleep. They broke up, returned & can’t leave until they find closure. I enjoy integrating my interests in SFX and art direction within my projects.
    Dreamland, the film http://kck.st/1wVbcA9 Every dollar counts, all donations are much appreciated.

“Dreamland,” is a world, created by a couple, that can only be visited when asleep. They broke up, returned & can’t leave until they find closure.
    MikeTinisser
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MikeTinisser » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:16 pm

I work for an insurance company during my day job and my passion project is getting my current novel, The Second Girl going on Kickstarter so I can hire an editor/artist to bring it to life and get it published.
    Debut Novel The Second Girl now on Kickstarter! http://bit.ly/thesecondgirl
  • hogeandco
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by hogeandco » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:16 pm

I'm a design engineer at a small camera head/dolley company in Manhattan. I love the work I do, but I hope to get my men's accessories brand started off on the right foot with the MiGO Wallet
  • AtomicChimp
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AtomicChimp » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:44 am

Hi I'm Michael and my day job is creative art director for a mobile game studio. We create both intellectual property projects as well as client development.

We just did a soft launch yesterday of a new Kickstarter game we'll be announcing early next week.
  • cbontz664
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cbontz664 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:09 am

My "job" is seasonal. I have 4 "seasonal" part time jobs.

One, I am a professional hunting guide for pheasant and spring turkey. I have been doing it for 10 years now. The issue now is my boss is my ex husband. I am a very hard worker and I am just tired of making other people rich while I have to scrape by to make ends meet. I literally walked away from that marriage with nothing, after having been a major part of the success of his business, profiting him 6 digits every year, my income is only 4 digits :(

Second, I am an airbrush artist. It is something I started doing nearly 4 years ago. I am ready for the next step. I have invested more than $8,000 in supplies and equipment thus far. I am very serious about catapulting this to the next level. If I can get this project going, I can permanently break my ties with my ex. Per our divorce decree, I signed an employment contract for additional 2 years. I am hoping my airbrushing will provide enough of a supplemental income to get me through the off season.

The other two "jobs" I have are on call situations, It isn't much income, but it is something. Other things I have been doing is mowing lawns and general labor for whoever needs something done.

I have never been on a forum before. I don't know how this all works. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have less than 30 days left on my kickstarter project and am only 24% funded. At this point it appears my goal won't be reached...

My facebook page to view my artwork is http://www.facebook.com/paintgirlart.

My kickstarter project link is http://kck.st/1vUZm56

My passion project is to build a workshop and full size paint booth to enable me to do larger projects, mainly full size vehicles. I am currently limited to small projects, ie motorcycles, jet skis, guitars, golf carts, etc.. basically anything which can be shipped will fit into my paint room. I have a couple of cars to paint, but If I have to rent a paint booth to do them in, I will make absolutely no money doing the project. I am all about helping others, but I have learned to not sacrifice my needs in the process.
    View some of my work @ http://www.facebook.com/paintgirlart

My Kickstarter project is http://kck.st/1vUZm56
    TheSantaCruzDog
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by TheSantaCruzDog » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:48 am

In the day it varies. My wife and I have to share watching our kid after school so we both have to have very flexible jobs. I mainly do groundsman tree work which is very dangerous, but gives me fresh air. My passion is food and cooking. I want to open a HEALTHIER hot dog restaurant that feeds the culture of my town at the same time. I have it on kickStarter effective today.
    I have started a new KickStarter project and haven't launched yet. Feedback is appreciated for this pre-launch! FML http://goo.gl/B1acrB.
    DDGmail
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by DDGmail » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:08 am

Job:
    -- I do electrical installations across Canada in the resource sector. Mines, oil and gas.
    -- I have an online store (under revision). I source products from China, manage the warehousing and supply chain, import/export.
    -- Writer at Dynneson.com, regarding: graphic design, building a team, better relationships. I'm preparing to start a podcast shortly.

Kickstart:
    -- I have two stories in their second draft.
    -- I have a children's story I'd like to publish through a 4 phase effort.
  • speedstudio1
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by speedstudio1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Day job is automotive, Passion is bicycles!
  • Dyl1299
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Dyl1299 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:40 am

My passion is starting a company in the game industry and to develop games.
    Last edited by Dyl1299 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.