Just became a Staff Pick!
  • 02geek
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Just became a Staff Pick!

by 02geek » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:48 am

Hey Aleisha,
    regarding the Q&A i don't think i have many for that but i do have two comments about the video i was avoding talking about it as i didn't want to push in and give feedback where it wasn't asked for but i guess here it goes.. ;)

1. i don't want to know who the cast are the first thing when i press play. i want to know what i'm buying into. your to focused on the process. i would take a step back create a 30 second promo the same type of thing that would announce a new show on tv to come soon. its got to be slick and short and funny as its a comedy. i think its way drawn out and makes me confused instead of throwing me right into the plot. - we don't need to know the cast more then we need to know the show at the early 30 seconds. u can wrap it in the last 30 seconds to talk about the value goal and what you will do but i think its worth rethinking the promo.

2. i don't like seeing offices and cameras and all that stuff. part of it is its kind of destroying the magic. but its also revealing to much information when i see this i think there very budgeted so why do they need my money. i know your probably not but thats the feeling you get out of seeing all the background stuff and office and all. i would avoid it. and i would avoid using all the cast. make it more personal and connectable to someone that is going to give you $10.

i hope you don't mind the feedback as i want you to do well and i think this promo don't show case your talent while your copy all over does. your funny smart and sharp. this video is long and drawn out it needs to be funny smart sharp and short.

• AleishaGore

by AleishaGore » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:38 pm

02geek wrote:Hey Aleisha,
    regarding the Q&A i don't think i have many for that but i do have two comments about the video i was avoding talking about it as i didn't want to push in and give feedback where it wasn't asked for but i guess here it goes.. ;)

1. i don't want to know who the cast are the first thing when i press play. i want to know what i'm buying into. your to focused on the process. i would take a step back create a 30 second promo the same type of thing that would announce a new show on tv to come soon. its got to be slick and short and funny as its a comedy. i think its way drawn out and makes me confused instead of throwing me right into the plot. - we don't need to know the cast more then we need to know the show at the early 30 seconds. u can wrap it in the last 30 seconds to talk about the value goal and what you will do but i think its worth rethinking the promo.

2. i don't like seeing offices and cameras and all that stuff. part of it is its kind of destroying the magic. but its also revealing to much information when i see this i think there very budgeted so why do they need my money. i know your probably not but thats the feeling you get out of seeing all the background stuff and office and all. i would avoid it. and i would avoid using all the cast. make it more personal and connectable to someone that is going to give you $10.

i hope you don't mind the feedback as i want you to do well and i think this promo don't show case your talent while your copy all over does. your funny smart and sharp. this video is long and drawn out it needs to be funny smart sharp and short.

Thanks! I don't mind that at all. I don't know why, but they don't allow a change in main video. We are allowed to add videos though, so I could do something just below...a follow up video. I can also put something in the Q&A. Funny, too, because I thought the other day, about addressing a question like, "Why do you need money? You look rich." lol. And truth be told that was my friend's work and not a place we could easily shoot in. It was a favor for that video.
    Aleisha Gore
    Writer, Director, Producer, Chocolate is Not Better than Sex
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... r-than-sex

All I want for you is Happiness. :)
    Show the world you are made of love. The world will shine.
  • 02geek
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by 02geek » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:30 am

Why can't you change the video? i changed mine 3 times already. its not a problem to change it at all.
    try to look into it as i do think it will help. as its clear your talented i have no question :P or i wouldn't even post anything. anyways enough said :) they must allow a change try to see maybe contact them as i think it will have a major effect on your outcome.
  • AleishaGore

by AleishaGore » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:14 pm

02geek wrote:Why can't you change the video? i changed mine 3 times already. its not a problem to change it at all.
    try to look into it as i do think it will help. as its clear your talented i have no question :P or i wouldn't even post anything. anyways enough said :) they must allow a change try to see maybe contact them as i think it will have a major effect on your outcome.

Oh really?! Wow, for some reason I thought we couldn't. Ok thanks.
    Aleisha Gore
    Writer, Director, Producer, Chocolate is Not Better than Sex
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... r-than-sex

All I want for you is Happiness. :)
    Show the world you are made of love. The world will shine.
  • twistedkicks
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by twistedkicks » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Congrats, looks cool!
    Check out Twisted Kicks, a fast-paced party game with over 100 backers that is looking for your support! Find out more at http://kck.st/1wrBk3T