Why Auraspark Resonated With Us
  • SoftTempest

Why Auraspark Resonated With Us

by SoftTempest » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:16 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... /auraspark

Auraspark had a funding goal of $900,000 or a video game, and by the end of their funding period had raised $589 from a total of seven backers (including us). Why did we back them? Well, because we wanted to give them some moral support, since their funding goal seemed so ginormous and excessive and had the unintended effect of frightening away all the veteran video game backers out there. A mil would be cool, but clearly, asking for that much was not.

• cabara
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Why Auraspark Resonated With Us

by cabara » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Kudos to you for the moral support
  • SoftTempest

Re: Why Auraspark Resonated With Us

by SoftTempest » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:07 am

SoftStorms will back Auraspark again of/when it relaunches. But, hopefully, their funding goal will be closer to $100,000 than to a million. Kickstarter isn't a throwaway place, although Potato Salad had us all tickled silly and reaching for our wallets while scratching our heads. So, the more modest a goal, the more likely project creators are to reach their targets. At least that's what my missus thinks, and I'm too smart to argue with a smart woman! After all, she's my better half, and her current project is funded 46,800% (forty-six thousand eight hundred percent of funding goal) in Potato Salad terms. See for yourself by clicking on the Kickstarter Forum "Projects We Support" Halloween Chronicles graphic to your right.