Old guy writes a book puts it on KS. Wants you to Read it.
  • Drayton Alan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Old guy writes a book puts it on KS. Wants you to Read it.

by Drayton Alan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Ok so I'm trying to be funny with the Subject line. Well I did write a book and I'm trying to generate interest and find readers who might like it. Yes, I'm over 50 so what the heck here's the blurb.

The Story: Cybernetic nanite technology from an ancient sword has infected him. Now this young man, Dalt, hears and sees the images of people from an earlier time. These are not mere recordings of the founders of his world but virtual humans stored in a nanite matrix now interfaced to his brain. These founders tell him the truth of his world, an uncomfortable truth. From the viewpoint of those founders, his world is a backwards place. It's a place where using unapproved technology means punishment by the Luddite Purist who run his world. Can technology help his people have a better life and really improve his world, or will its storehouse of information corrupt and pollute it? The inner dialog of this young man with the very ones who changed the world provides him answers for his future, but at the same time, he discovers disturbing questions about the past.
    He realizes he must search for the wisdom he needs to find the answers. Then he meets someone who has beauty, power and privilege, yet secrets of her own. What will he do when she discovers his secret?
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anklesneeze/the-founders-gifts
    This book explores the question... What it would like to be able to talk to people from history and ask their advice and benefit from their life experience? The setting is a planetary colony in earth's future where this technology was supposed to be a panacea, preventing humans from ruining another planet. But things go wrong and the planets development stagnates when anti-technology Luddites with an almost religious zeal seize control of the planet. Centuries have past and a young man finds a relic of that technology. The knowledge that it gives him puts him at odds with this now church-like power structure. Only the bloody civil war that is raging gives him hope that he might be able to use this 'Founder's Gift' to bring about positive change for his world.

If this seems like a story you would enjoy let me know I can hook you up.

• VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Old guy writes a book puts it on KS. Wants you to Read i

by VaporStarter » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Drayton Alan wrote:If this seems like a story you would enjoy let me know I can hook you up.

Very cool sounding story, and a very reasonable funding goal!
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com