Review my first Kickstarter
  • johnnyrussoa3
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Review my first Kickstarter

by johnnyrussoa3 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Hey guys, my brother in laws and I have just created our first Kickstarter. I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and let me know what you thought are on the project. Are there any changes you'd recommend? Is anything missing? Any specific strategies you could recommend?

It's the Ghoul on the Stool, A magical Halloween book about a Guardian Ghoul who protects children's candy and causes mischief while you sleep. The book includes a 6 inch Ghoul on the Stool plush doll with detachable stool. Children are encouraged to interact with the Ghoul each night, in order for his magic to come alive while they are asleep.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... rdian-ghou

Thanks,

John

• Elendurwen
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Review my first Kickstarter

by Elendurwen » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:22 pm

I think you use enough visuals which is great.

Not sure if your rewards are not jumping up too rapidly - there is nothing between $100 and $500, then just $1000 and $2000. You might be potentially loosing some money that way?

Also, your Risks section doesn't really discuss what could go wrong and how you would deal with it. It's good it says what helps the project, but I think it sounds a bit overconfident / ignorant of actual risks. No offence intended though!
    An AI expert currently making a cool AI-driven sci-fi RTS http://kck.st/Z0urJN
  • johnnyrussoa3
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by johnnyrussoa3 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:41 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I will review your comments with my partners and see if can update the project. I appreciate your honesty!
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Nice layout. I would suggest adding a $1 dollar tier and perhaps sending a postcard of one of the pieces of art for the $5 tier or maybe a digital copy of one of the pieces of art. The $1 helps with momentum--KS does not quantify the amount of the pledge, just how many--of you can get a solid day of a bunch of $1 pledges, your project will rank higher and exposure is the name of the game.
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
  • johnnyrussoa3
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by johnnyrussoa3 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Great idea with the digital postcard! And the $1 tier makes sense. Really appreciate the feedback!