Wish me Luck! Shooting vid tomorrow
  • AleishaGore

Wish me Luck! Shooting vid tomorrow

by AleishaGore » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi, Any last minute tips for my video tomorrow?

My plan is to have mostly improv, because when we did it scripted last video (didn't use it), it was too long, too hard to cut together and make it make sense and took a long time to shoot.

We plan on going Live on KS on Wednesday.
    Putting it out there... :)
    Putting it out there... :)
    signc.jpg (74.31 KiB) Viewed 3934 times

Aleisha Gore
    Writer, Director, Producer, Chocolate is Not Better than Sex
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... r-than-sex

All I want for you is Happiness. :)
    Show the world you are made of love. The world will shine.
  • SoftTempest

Re: Wish me Luck! Shooting vid tomorrow

by SoftTempest » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:44 pm

From the look of things, you won't need any luck, but you still have our wishes. Post a link to your project draft or demo so we can offer feedback and line up to pledge when you go live!

Reach us at HalloweenChronicles.com
  • AleishaGore

by AleishaGore » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 pm

SoftTempest wrote:From the look of things, you won't need any luck, but you still have our wishes. Post a link to your project draft or demo so we can offer feedback and line up to pledge when you go live!

Reach us at HalloweenChronicles.com

Thank you SoftTempest! I really appreciate that! I'll definitely post it to you when I go live. :D

I went to your site. It's really cool!

I wondered if you heard of hitrecord.org It's the brainchild of Joseph Gordon Levitt and your art would surely fit in there. It's a production company which does collaboration. The whole thing is this giant collaborative effort.

Meaning, you upload a sketch and it inspires someone else, who downloads it, colors it, maybe adds to it, or even overlays it on top of their photograph or artwork and then they upload it back and credit you with the first sketch...Another guy sees it and falls in love with it and adds text, a poem or something to it...it can become a lot of different things. Really neat. They monetized the site somehow, they made books, shows, etc...and if your work gets used, they pay you. It could be an idea for later...but your work made me think of it, so I thought I'd pass it on to you. :D
    Aleisha Gore

• SoftTempest

by SoftTempest » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Yes, count us in among your backers. Wish we could have put together a pro video (that's what's really hurting our campaign, because 75% of Kickstarter visitors base support decisions simply on the video, BEFORE they explore a project further)!
  • TedF
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by TedF » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:45 pm

^Haha I feel your pain. I highly regret not taking more time to produce a better video.
  • AleishaGore

by AleishaGore » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:49 pm

SoftTempest wrote:Yes, count us in among your backers. Wish we could have put together a pro video (that's what's really hurting our campaign, because 75% of Kickstarter visitors base support decisions simply on the video, BEFORE they explore a project further)!

I totally understand. I decided (even though it seems like rushing) not to rush but to learn as much as possible before I go live. In fact, we shot our video Tuesday and had a camera shooting 4K, of course we had to compress it, but it still looks pretty awesome. I don't know how much KS also compresses it, hopefully it won't lose its amazing quality. On Tuesday when we shot, I had some ideas because I had already shot a video for SeedNSpark that we never used because it was to rehearsed, too long and even though I feel we covered a lot, they felt no one would watch that video because it was too long. So, it was back to the drawing board. We are really excited about this one and THANK YOU for pledging to be one of our first backers!! XOXOXOX Woohoo!!!

Here's our PREVIEW LINK and I'll definitely get you the link when it's live. (Which I hope will be Monday). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... n=41be1de9
    Aleisha Gore

• SoftTempest

by SoftTempest » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Can't wait to check it out later tonight. I'm not sure Kickstarter compresses those videos very much, so you've gotta limit it to 5GB or put it in the Story part of your project.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:23 am

AleishaGore wrote:
    SoftTempest wrote:Here's our PREVIEW LINK and I'll definitely get you the link when it's live. (Which I hope will be Monday). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... n=41be1de9

I watched your project video on your draft Kickstarter page, tonight. Here is some feedback on it, from my perspective.

1. The video starts off very well. I like the music that plays at the beginning. It's upbeat. You come out the door, and begin talking, immediately engaging the viewer. By the 16 second mark of the video, your spiel is done. You have great lines, your heart is made of chocolate, and the rest of you is pure sex. You have a nice smile. I give you two big thumbs up. You have my full attention as a viewer, once you say that and then turn to walk away.

2. The camera immediately heads into the next room, the voice from inside emanating before the camera gets there. Phil's small bit part in this video is OK, but you've set a very high bar for those two gentlemen to strive for, as far as retaining the attention to the degree that you grabbed it, right off the bat. I like the car magnets idea, Tony's part ends around the 47 to 48 second mark. Phil is briefly animated, which is a small plus. I liked the quip about the journey down Kickstarter alley.

3. Jeanie does good. Her remark about Rico being in prison is humorous. She has a really nice laugh. She's very animated. It engages the eye very well. She's got a very vibrant personality. She's very outgoing. It is her sashaying, though, as she walks away, that is the visual coup de grâce.

4. From the 1:30 mark to the 1:12 mark, you've got the guy who makes the comment about the cheap date. It's OK, not a bad job, and it's humorous. His facial expressions are animated, which is a plus. It's a brief segment, so it only gains you so much mileage. Yet, again, look at what the viewer compares him to - Jeanie and her sashaying. Even still, my interest in the video and what is being presented to me remains intact.

5. At the 1:15 mark, Tabitha takes center stage. At 1:39, Monica enters the viewer's field of vision. Of the two of them, Tabitha retained my interest longer. Between the two of them, they dominated the camera until the 2:21 mark - at which point, I was feeling bored.

6. At the 2:22 mark, the whole gang begins to come back in front of the camera. That final segment was fine. It was OK. It wasn't bad. It was a nice, pleasant finish.

7. Overall, it's a good video. It's pretty darned solid. It's engaging. But, instead of the Monica that is wearing the short, sparking blue skirt in that project image, the viewer is treated to this other Monica. ACK!! I know that the draft project page mentions Monica kissing toads and going on horrible blind dates, but personally speaking, I think that showcasing a scene from a horrible blind date would have been vastly more likely to build and amp up the enthusiasm factor, than what the Tabitha-Monica segments of this project video accomplished from around the 1:15 mark to the 2:21 mark.

A horrible bind date doesn't tend to be a high note of somebody's personal life, but for a short video, it could actually end up being a decisively delicious segment to transition into that final gathering scene at the very end. Instead, my enthusiasm is treated to a firm bashing over the head with over a full minute of dullness.

8. The project has a great name. It will catch people's attention.

9. Your funding goal is sixty grand. That's a sizable chunk of dough. Heavy early momentum would go a long way towards reducing that burden.

It will be interesting to see how this project fares.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • SoftTempest

by SoftTempest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:59 pm

Still waiting for the return (Wednesday) of my 4G data speed monthly rebewal to watch this video (i gobbled through 8gb of high speed data in12 days). From the freelance review posted of it already, I know it's alluring, right on point, and a great PR job. $60K may seem like a lot, but on KS, the right looks and the right pitch (meaning the Right Stuff) will get you megabucks anytime. Count me in! If you get a break from all that sizzle, do swing by our Halloween Chronicles campaign and give it a nudge or a kick to get it going again. Either way, I'll be telling my pals about your project. They have generous pockets IF/WHEN they feel inclined to pledge.
  • AleishaGore

by AleishaGore » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Charles wrote:
    AleishaGore wrote:
    SoftTempest wrote:Here's our PREVIEW LINK and I'll definitely get you the link when it's live. (Which I hope will be Monday). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... n=41be1de9

I watched your project video on your draft Kickstarter page, tonight. Here is some feedback on it, from my perspective.

1. The video starts off very well. I like the music that plays at the beginning. It's upbeat. You come out the door, and begin talking, immediately engaging the viewer. By the 16 second mark of the video, your spiel is done. You have great lines, your heart is made of chocolate, and the rest of you is pure sex. You have a nice smile. I give you two big thumbs up. You have my full attention as a viewer, once you say that and then turn to walk away.

2. The camera immediately heads into the next room, the voice from inside emanating before the camera gets there. Phil's small bit part in this video is OK, but you've set a very high bar for those two gentlemen to strive for, as far as retaining the attention to the degree that you grabbed it, right off the bat. I like the car magnets idea, Tony's part ends around the 47 to 48 second mark. Phil is briefly animated, which is a small plus. I liked the quip about the journey down Kickstarter alley.

3. Jeanie does good. Her remark about Rico being in prison is humorous. She has a really nice laugh. She's very animated. It engages the eye very well. She's got a very vibrant personality. She's very outgoing. It is her sashaying, though, as she walks away, that is the visual coup de grâce.

4. From the 1:30 mark to the 1:12 mark, you've got the guy who makes the comment about the cheap date. It's OK, not a bad job, and it's humorous. His facial expressions are animated, which is a plus. It's a brief segment, so it only gains you so much mileage. Yet, again, look at what the viewer compares him to - Jeanie and her sashaying. Even still, my interest in the video and what is being presented to me remains intact.

5. At the 1:15 mark, Tabitha takes center stage. At 1:39, Monica enters the viewer's field of vision. Of the two of them, Tabitha retained my interest longer. Between the two of them, they dominated the camera until the 2:21 mark - at which point, I was feeling bored.

6. At the 2:22 mark, the whole gang begins to come back in front of the camera. That final segment was fine. It was OK. It wasn't bad. It was a nice, pleasant finish.

7. Overall, it's a good video. It's pretty darned solid. It's engaging. But, instead of the Monica that is wearing the short, sparking blue skirt in that project image, the viewer is treated to this other Monica. ACK!! I know that the draft project page mentions Monica kissing toads and going on horrible blind dates, but personally speaking, I think that showcasing a scene from a horrible blind date would have been vastly more likely to build and amp up the enthusiasm factor, than what the Tabitha-Monica segments of this project video accomplished from around the 1:15 mark to the 2:21 mark.

A horrible bind date doesn't tend to be a high note of somebody's personal life, but for a short video, it could actually end up being a decisively delicious segment to transition into that final gathering scene at the very end. Instead, my enthusiasm is treated to a firm bashing over the head with over a full minute of dullness.

8. The project has a great name. It will catch people's attention.

9. Your funding goal is sixty grand. That's a sizable chunk of dough. Heavy early momentum would go a long way towards reducing that burden.

It will be interesting to see how this project fares.

CHARLES!!! WOW!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!! This is some really prime advice. I wish I had you with us when we shot. What a wonderful ending that would've been. I did make a change to the end in regards to sound so hopefully that will help even though I couldn't do a blind date. But since I've done a blind date video before, I may just shoot another one and put that as an update when we cast one of the other blind dates from hell. ;)

I will be updating a couple of my rewards (which was a suggestion from Kickstarter when I asked them to review it).

Thanks again. I am working really hard to get the word out because I know 60K is a lot.

Sending hugs and thanks!
    Aleisha
    Aleisha Gore