An Interesting Proposition
    inflexionUSA
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: An Interesting Proposition

by inflexionUSA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:15 am

Did you ever think you’d hear yourself say, yeah I’ve got friends, I wish I had less of them. Welcome to crowd funding.

The idea behind Quid pro quo is really less about 1 for 1 and more about developing mutually beneficial relationships with others in the community. As I have and many of you will find out, crowd funding is much more difficult then we imagined. It takes a following of dedicated, passionate and interested followers - these are your backers. Where do you find these backers you ask? Here’s a place great place to start.

On this forum I’ve met some amazing people, like Louis, Sarah, Eric the Bad Wolves of NYC, Melissa, Leanne and Sal. These are the people who can help you and you can help them.

I’d like to get to know more of you. So drop me a line.

Let me begin by asking first - How can I help you?

James
    Last edited by inflexionUSA on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

James Wissel / inflexionUSA.com

Website http://inflexionusa.com
    Twitter inflexion@inflexionusa
    Email inflexion@inflexionUSA.com
  • freesho
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by freesho » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:43 am

inflexionUSA wrote:Did you ever think you’d hear yourself say, yeah I’ve got friends, I wish I had less of them. Welcome to crowd funding.

The idea behind Quid pro quo is really less about 1 for 1 and more about developing mutually beneficial relationships with others in the community. As I have and many of you will find out, crowd funding is much more difficult then we imagined. It takes a following of dedicated, passionate and interested followers - these are your backers. Where do you find these backers you ask? Here’s a place great place to start.

On this forum I’ve met some amazing people, like Louis, Sarah, Eric the Bad Wolves of NYC, Melissa, Leanne and Sal. These are the people who can help you and you can help them.

I’d like to get to know more of you. So drop me a line.

How can I help you?

James

I respect that, I would like to be apart of this community if it starts up. I’m new to the whole kickstarting and crowd

funding. So I would like support from on my 1st kickstarter as well as become familiar with likeminded individuals

looking to build a mutually beneficial relationship and work together.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fre ... be-created

How can I help you James, Louis, Sarah, Melissa?
  • leanneyip
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by leanneyip » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:06 am

Hi everyone,
    If anyone else would like to cross promote please let me know as I have had a great experience so far with 3 Kickstarter projects.
    Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/514521229/the-corner-cloakroom-the-ultimate-clothes-storage
    Leanne :D
  • ACLeathercraft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ACLeathercraft » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:45 pm

freesho wrote:
    ACLeathercraft wrote:
    LouisV wrote:I feel like this thread needs to be bumped. Come on everyone, let's band together and help each other out! :)

I agree with you Louis - if the few of us can push this then imagine what hundreds of us could do!!

I am launching and updated video tonight - not sure what good it will do but it is a light hearted version :)

Lets keep sharing and promoting for each other :)
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/429 ... xury-leath

Everything you do to keep your kickstarter updated helps. Stay positive and hardworking :D .

I just backed your campaign with a seed pledge and blasted your campaign on my facebook

I appreciate if you would do the same for my kickstarter, this is my first one!

To anyone else interested in cross-promoting and planting seed pledges, reply to this post with a link to your kickstarter

and your seed pledge and I will do to your project in return!!!

Thanks for the referral Sal.

@freesho
    I just backed your project and shared on FB
    Good luck :)
  • danshumway
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by danshumway » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:27 pm

inflexionUSA wrote:The idea behind Quid pro quo is really less about 1 for 1 and more about developing mutually beneficial relationships with others in the community. As I have and many of you will find out, crowd funding is much more difficult then we imagined. It takes a following of dedicated, passionate and interested followers - these are your backers. Where do you find these backers you ask? Here’s a place great place to start.

I'm disappointed that you've canceled your project, this is an awesome idea - both the wallet and the thought behind what you're posting here. I'll definitely be going through and doing one dollar pledges for pretty much everyone in this thread. Even after just a day of trying to drum up support and get people outside of just a circle of small friends to pledge, I'm starting to realize that I really have never at any point leading up to now have had any idea just how involved this whole process actually is.

I don't want to speak for anyone else, especially as a new poster, but I at least went into Kickstarter thinking "this is my chance to build a community out of [gamers, backers, press, etc...]. As long as I go directly to my audience and just share a quality product with them and am authentic about the whole thing, they'll handle all the other details." I think that was the wrong approach, and even though I did a fair amount of research before hand, I still feel a little naive about the whole business.

At the risk of reading too far into things too quickly, I think finding other crowdfunders that have tried this before and actually understand the process is going to be infinitely more valuable, both in terms of building valuable relationships for the project, and in terms of keeping myself sane throughout the funding period.

Anyway, Kickstarter : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1112100347/eyes-open

I'll make the same base offer, if you pledge a dollar I will pledge one in return. If you do decide you'd like to take me up on it, send a message with your pledge so I can be 100% sure I catch your project. I'll monitor the thread, but I definitely don't want to accidentally miss someone. I can't promise to do sharing unless I feel our projects are specifically related to each other and that the content would actually be interesting to the people I'm spamming That being said, if you do feel like our Kickstarters are exploring similar concepts and are similar enough that it makes sense for them to post about eachother, contact me.
    inflexionUSA
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by inflexionUSA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi Dan,

As you are finding out this is a little harder than anyone thinks.

Thank you for your kind words. I plan to relaunch again soon.

Just keep at it. You will learn much in the process. Think of this as science not art, where strategic actions yield measurable results. The key of course is to know which actions to take. Your project is a great place to learn.

James
    James Wissel / inflexionUSA.com

Website http://inflexionusa.com
    Twitter inflexion@inflexionusa
    Email inflexion@inflexionUSA.com
  • ACLeathercraft
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by ACLeathercraft » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:00 am

Hi @Dan

I think you backed my project but you did not leave a comment in the comments section so I had no idea!! Please feel free to comment in the comments and link your project, I personally feel that this helps other people see the interaction and also exposes them to other projects out there.
    I will like pledge on your project and comment with a link if that is ok.

I will also share on FB - I have no regard for FB anymore so do not mind filling my pages with good projects on KS!!

Good luck and lets continue to try and learn about this process!!
    Sarah
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/429 ... xury-leath