Sometimes, it just take a while
  • shopmonties
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Sometimes, it just take a while

by shopmonties » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:32 am

I backed a toothbrush company a while ago that made compostable wooden toothbrushes. Although they weren't very verbal about their campaign from the start, I liked the product. I pledged and got one for myself. It took about 5 months to finally reach my door but when it did, I was surely a happy camper.

I guess sometimes it just takes a while... My question to you is: how long to you think is too long to wait on a product?

• shg
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Sometimes, it just take a while

by shg » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:30 pm

I guess it depends of the type of project and your luck... If your friends are active it can go quickly but sometimes no one pledges and you don't really know why.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Yea, it depends on the category of the project. I backed a project of an artist that promises to draw a character of me (cartoon) for $25 that I can use on my social media profile. The woman is about a month late. She promised to deliver within 2 months, which is reasonable considering she had 11 backers. However, since she kept me updated I don't really mind. Expecting to get it some time in october.

A lot of Kickstarters will ship late. See this CNN article: http://money.cnn.com/2012/12/18/technol ... hip-delay/

A CNNMoney examination of the top 50 most-funded projects on Kickstarter found that 84% missed their target delivery dates.

It also doesn't always fall on the creators. Some backers take forever to submit their surveys (or do once everything is already finalized with regards to manufacturing or shipping out rewards) and it can delay things.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • onthewaterlifestyle
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by onthewaterlifestyle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:46 pm

I can understand a delay but I cannot understand no communication, Without communication, I think the person has forgotten or may not have in mind to deliver. Communication is very important.

Cheryl
    http://igg.me/at/GulfCoastWaves
  • fcohen
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by fcohen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:19 am

5 months for a compostable toothbrush sounds excessive. I just launched my Kickstarter project today http://bit.ly/waveskickstarter. We're off to the races! -Frank