My Name is
  • lostbot101
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

My Name is

by lostbot101 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:37 am

Hello everyone My name Is Ray, I am and Aspiring Comic book Artist, I would like to show you guy's some of my art, and hope that you all will take a look at my Kickstarter project' This is the First Kickstarter project I have ever Launched any advice you could give me would be helpful
    I got one backer my first day I don't know if that good or bad...
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... -newspaper

• Psychosis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: My Name is

by Psychosis » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:55 am

This looks interesting! I am going to look into it for sure!
  • freethoughtus
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by freethoughtus » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:59 am

That was a brilliant read. I will keep an eye out.
  • motdcosmetics
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

MOTD COSMETICS

by motdcosmetics » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:43 pm

Great job! i recently just launched mine and got one backer on my first day as well. Good luck check out my project...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/95 ... -cosmetics
  • WasteTV
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: My Name is Carlus McCormick

by WasteTV » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:52 am

We need help developing a new web based Television Broadcasting platform to air your content to the world!!!

Support On KickStarter

http://kck.st/1qHjCak

W.a.s.t.e TV has always served as a publicity outlet for small businesses and community organizations.The W.a.s.t.e TV brand is known for exposing new positive community and business developments in the DC metro area. We have been filling a widening pubilicity gap that plagues positive activism in the community. W.A.S.T.E TV is now expanding its brand to the community with our new website WasteTV.net. WasteTV.net is the newest innovation in multi-platform broadcasting. It seeks to revolutionize the broadcasting industry through its new technological foundations. We plan to stimulate rigorous innovation through the research and development (R&D) of new broadcasting platforms for the masses. While the R&D has already commenced, we need big help to get the community involved. The funds we are raising will be used for community outreach for innovative collaboration. We believe their is a paradigm shift of how television is viewed and will be at the forefront of this change. Join us in the journey in creating the new standard of broadcasting!
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Ray,

Your project page has MAJOR issues. It is in need of a complete revamp. Otherwise, your project is likely to crash and burn.

1. Your video is too short. But, that's the least of its problems. You're wearing a shirt, with a wet band of sweat/water around the neck. That looks terrible! It will be a visual turn-off for some.

2. You fidget. The guy in the chicken suit, I imagine him as fidgeting like that. Quit fidgeting. You did have a little hand animation going on, in the video, which was a plus, but not that initial swinging of the arms.

3. Re-shoot the video - but, in a different location. Go outside, and it will benefit from natural lighting and the visual interest that nature inherently contains. Otherwise, find a spot to video indoors, something with something of visual interest or something with visual texture. Relax on a plus couch, or in a comfort zone of some sort, to project more of a relaxed look. It depends upon what subliminal message that you want to send.

4. The coloring of your art is substantially deficient. The coloring is what kills the visual interest of it. It's the worst thing about the comic strip that I read.

5. The lettering of the comic strip is dreadful. It is part of what destroys the visual interest of your comic strip.

6. The writing and story aren't bad.

7. The art is OK. It's not fabulous, but it is imaginative.

8. In the video, you have some energy for your project. That's why your arms are swinging like that. Your project doesn't bore you, but I sense that the camera makes you a bit apprehensive. Forget that you are talking to complete strangers. You are talking to people whose interest in this kind of thing exceeds your own. That's why you should feel completely at ease. Don't be afraid to be animated, when discussing it, but simple fidgeting isn't the same thing. It's distracting, rather than engaging. If you were talking to a life long friend over dinner at a restaurant, somewhere, how would you discuss this project?

9. The very first project that I backed on Kickstarter, if memory serves me correctly, featured a a chicken guy. See this link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... -god-below

So, I like the chicken guy that you came up with. I'm part of your potential support base. But, look at the image below:

On your Facebook gallery, it's bigger. Except for the belt, from the waist down, his coloring looks pretty good. The dingy white of his feather area diminishes visual interest. Foghorn Leghorn is bright white. This guy should be, too. His red areas should be vivid red, like his shorts.His comb on his head is dull. Dull drains visual energy. Overall, this one character has a lot of visual potential, but that God-awful pink background does nothing for him.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • lostbot101
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lostbot101 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:17 am

freethoughtus wrote:That was a brilliant read. I will keep an eye out.

Well Thank you very..
  • KnoxHill
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by KnoxHill » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Knox Hill - I'm an aspiring music artist/creative mind. I'm currently $30 away from my Kickstarter goal, and I need your help to cross the finish line! Even if it's just $5, I'm so, so close, and any contribution or advice is much appreciated. Check it out, and help make my dream a reality:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/45 ... ic-project

Be my record label!

- K. Hill