The new face of Social Networking
  • Dean Fulthorpe
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

The new face of Social Networking

by Dean Fulthorpe » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi community, my name is Dean and I am from the United Kingdom. I would like to introduce my idea and kickstarter project with you all in the hopes of spreading the word and supporting me.

I have spent almost a year coming up with a new way of a Social Networking Platform that attracts the same niche of people, but more importantly a way where it can help worldwide.

As a huge animal lover I put the idea of people that love to post everything about their pets, own a pet business, such as selling pet products to vetinary clinics to name just a few.

I also thought is there a way to help end animal suffering worldwide at the same time of using a social network platform such as this.

After many long months I have come up with a new Social Networking Platform built for Pet Owners, Animal Lovers and Animal Protectors. I introduce iPetsi the new face of social networking, a very unique social networking platform that rewards it's members and gives them the chance to earn real money to help donate to Animal Charities worldwide just by referring new members.

iPetsi will be built full of features and won't just be your typical website, oh no iPetsi will be built on a massive scale very much like Facebook is. Completely 100% advertisement free you will never see Ads on iPetsi, only see the content you post, what your friends post or what group you joined posts.

There are way to many features to list here but if you are interested and want to know more about iPetsi please check out my Project link below it has a video and all the information you will need to know. And if you like it please share with your friends or media and help support us. We Thank You!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1631269960/ipetsicom-the-new-face-of-social-networking

RWP

Re: The new face of Social Networking

by RWP » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:07 pm

That does sound cool. The only issue is the name iPetsi. It sounds so much like Apple (iPod, iPad, iThis, iThat) I'm not saying it's a bad idea though, but in my opinion Petsi sounds cooler. I don't think the name would matter that much though!

A question though, do you think that we need more social media sites? We have Facebook now and since the amazing success of that new social media sites and apps have appeared. I'm sure Instagram was thought to never be a great social media app because Facebook already lets people post photos.

Do you think your idea would be better as an app available for laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc?
  • Dean Fulthorpe
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Dean Fulthorpe » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Hello RWP,

Thanks for your input. Well I know there are a lot of social media sites out there, but the thing is iPetsi is all about bringing 1 community together and changing the course of animal charity organisations, which none other social media sites offer. It's true that you can do all the photo sharing, video posting liking etc on other sites and iPetsi won't be different from that other than the fact everyone you encounter on there will all have the same thing in common.

I believe my concept is very different than other media sites, and I have tried to be unique to the rest. It brings one community together rather than having a complete mix match, and giving the attention to animal charities worldwide can really help in them gaining more help to stopping animal abuse, and sourcing vital tools for non profit organisations.

iPetsi will be on IOS and Android one day, and hopefully if my funding goal reaches more than I need I will be getting website engineers to create the mobile App along side the website itself.

I chose iPetsi because it's a short reference to internet pets iPets since we mainly target a social pet ownership niche but I wanted the name to have a certain ring to it so I came up with the name iPetsi.

If there are any more questions please feel free to ask I will be more than happy to answer :)
    BJ Sensei Now
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BJ Sensei Now » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:00 pm

In regard to the pet points, how are you going to fix the price of the points? The issuer selling the points at a fixed prices does not mean they are worth that.

How do the animal charities exchange the pet points for government currency? Will ipetsi purchase purpose points from the charities for governement currency? I don't think it can without adverts. Also, most people understand that sites need revenue and don't mind adverts.

This sounds like a ponzi which is fine if people understand and are willing to take the risk for animal charities.

Lastly, this project should cost much less than 50,000 pounds. Somebody on freelancer.com would likely make ipetsi for under 10,000 pounds, maybe much lower.
    BJ Sensei is starting a revolution in oral sex education for him and her. Get email and text updates at http://l6toukoy.launchrock.co/

Follow BJ Sensei on Twitter: @BJ_Sensei_Now
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:41 pm

The color scheme hurts my eyes.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • lindseymcd
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lindseymcd » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:49 am

Sharing this with my boyfriend! He would love to donate!