Where would you love and hate to live?
    RWP

Where would you love and hate to live?

by RWP » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:37 am

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Would it be at the sunny beaches of Florida? Maybe somewhere in Switzerland where you can see Matterhorn? Or perhaps a seclude island like Sakhalin off the coast of Russia?

And where's the one place you would hate to live? A place where the air is surrounded by a thick coat of pollution like Beijing, China? Would you dread living on the northern part of an island where you have very little freedom called North Korea?

Personally I would love to live in Norway or Iceland (Aurora Borealis). It would be much colder than the United States, but the scenery....
    I would hate living in North Korea... no technology, no internet, no freedom. Plus I'm American and I don't think the leader likes us much.

Now it's your turn!
    Last edited by RWP on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

BJ Sensei Now
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Where do you wish to live? Where would you hate living?

by BJ Sensei Now » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:08 am

Like to live for earning money: Hong Kong, Singapore, Chile, China, anywhere that does not enforce income tax (Yes, there are many places where income tax is not enforced)

Like to live for freedom: Most of Spanish America, Southeast Asia, Carribean, a little bit of Europe, Hong Kong

Like to live for beautiful geography: Caribbean, Hawaii, Phillipines, much of Spanish America, much of Southeast Asia, Oceania

Like to live to work a job and have low ambition: USA, Cananda, much of Europe, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong

I would not like to live: USA, Canada, much of Europe, much of Africa, and the middle east, North Korea, Cuba
    BJ Sensei is starting a revolution in oral sex education for him and her. Get email and text updates at http://l6toukoy.launchrock.co/

Follow BJ Sensei on Twitter: @BJ_Sensei_Now
    RWP

by RWP » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:13 pm

I would actually love to visit Denmark. It's said to be the happiest place in the world to live, but I think it's one of those hit or miss areas. Many people love living there, but then again many people hate living there. The hardest part in Denmark is the taxes though. Purchasing a car in Denmark is outrageous. You would have to pay 200% on the taxes! Most of the people living Denmark travel to other countries to purchase everything to avoid the taxes.

I didn't know that there are places that don't enforce income taxes! That's very interesting and I might just look into a few of those places mentioned.

I agree with not living in the US. I'm only 19 and I already decided that it's not a place I want to live my entire life. I'm actually going to check out some of the places that others wish they could live and it might lead to a few days where I check the places out.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:38 pm

If I could live anywhere, right now I'd say Venice Beach CA area or silicon valley (I plan to move there to check it out at some point). It would also be cool to have a house in montecarlo. Would also like to live somewhere where for a little bit where the currency is super cheap compared to the US. Ultimately, would not like to live permanently outside the US though.

I have visited a few places like Guatemala, Italy, China, UK (london). I always find myself missing the USA after a few months.

I would absolutely not want to live in North Korea.

I'm only 19 and I already decided that it's not a place I want to live my entire life. I'm actually going to check out some of the places that others wish they could live and it might lead to a few days where I check the places out.

Study abroad in college is a good way to check out an area of the world for a few months.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    BJ Sensei Now
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BJ Sensei Now » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:36 pm

RWP wrote:
    I didn't know that there are places that don't enforce income taxes! That's very interesting and I might just look into a few of those places mentioned.

I agree with not living in the US. I'm only 19 and I already decided that it's not a place I want to live my entire life. I'm actually going to check out some of the places that others wish they could live and it might lead to a few days where I check the places out.

Yes, there are about 15 countries that don't have income tax and many more than that where the locals have no reason to pay income tax.

I help people get permanent residency and eventual citizenship to Paraguay. It might be the fastest permanent residency status to get in the world. http://www.paraguaypermanentresidency.com/

I am slowing seceeding from the U.S. The of biggest reasons I like online service businesses is they allow global mobility.

Jeff Berwick, Doug Casey, and the Nomad Capitalist, Andrew Henderson are trust worthy people in the expatriation industry. They provide a lot of free information about perpetual travellling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_traveler

I am 26 and wish I had just left the U.S. after high school, but I don't think I had the skills or confidence to do so.
    BJ Sensei is starting a revolution in oral sex education for him and her. Get email and text updates at http://l6toukoy.launchrock.co/

RWP

by RWP » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Study abroad in college is a good way to check out an area of the world for a few months.

I actually have a plan so I can get travel abroad or just an experience in another country. I'm going to check out the University of Oslo and possibly apply there. I will check out travel abroad and apply for scholarships that are specifically for students who travel abroad. If I don't get accepted to Oslo I plan on going to a few other colleges on my mind, but I definitely plan on travelling to get a new, rich experience while I also work towards a degree.

I might even check out some colleges in countries with no income tax. I will also look into Paraguay, do you live there Sensei?
    BJ Sensei Now
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BJ Sensei Now » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:11 pm

RWP wrote:

I might even check out some colleges in countries with no income tax. I will also look into Paraguay, do you live there Sensei?

I currently don't live in Paraguay. As a seller of residency services, I have been all over the capital, Asuncion. There is a lot to like about Paraguay, but I primary intend to use Paraguay to get a second passport so renouncing my U.S. citizenship becomes an option.

Peurto Rico is another good option in regard to economic freedom. Services sold outside of Peurto rico are only taxed at 4%, and real estate remains reasonable compared to the caribbean, and the U.S.

I believe there are some countries that will count time spent for studies as time for a citizenship as well. It's good to have two passports.

RWP

by RWP » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 pm

It definitely does sound like a good idea! I'll definitely look into having two passports. I'm sure it makes things much easier on you!
  • JessmWKU
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JessmWKU » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:36 pm

I would love to live somewhere around Vienna, Austria. To be in the heart of the old world with access to most of Europe in just a few hours, how amazing. I love the old buildings and history of the area. I probably would hate living in Arizona or New Mexico, I'm not to crazy about the desert.
    Claim The Chair: A space RPG for the Sociopath in all of us! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/39 ... opath-in-a
    RWP

by RWP » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 pm

I've always heard that Austria is a lovely places! I'd love to visit there, I'm sure it would be an amazing experience.
    I completely agree with you about the desert. It would be cool to see the desert, but the heat.... I don't like the extreme heat at all!