My first project - Absolutely Nothing At All
  • Luca Dei Rossi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

My first project - Absolutely Nothing At All

by Luca Dei Rossi » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 am

Hello newfound community! My name is Luca Dei Rossi, 23 years old, and I live between London, Uk, and Como, Italy.
    My biggest passion is the English language and American and English media (TV series, talk shows and such). My dream is to be able to move to San Francisco in order to work in the Silicon Valley! :)

This is my first project ever. A really weird one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lu ... ing-at-all

I'm studying the economical, sociological and psychological implications of the Internet, technology and more specifically, about crowd funding.
    I'm trying to understand how much people are willing to pay for absolutely nothing at all in return considering what happened with the Potato Salad and Chicken Burrito campaigns.

This is not a project to merely gain money and disapperar. Depending on how much money will be pledged (if people are willing to pledge) I would like to write a book and use this experience to join psychology, sociology and computer engineering all together and use it as my graduation thesis. I will update every idea that comes to mind and submit to the people that are willing to give me this huge amount of trust.

Call me naive, but I think that together we could build something huge and change the way we treat money and the Internet.

If you wanna help, or mock, or whatever, I encourage you to share this weird campaign.

"I don't care what you say about me, as long as you say something about me". [George Michael Cohan]

Thank you! :)

Luca Dei Rossi

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: My first project - Absolutely Nothing At All

by Charles » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Luca Dei Rossi wrote:I'm trying to understand how much people are willing to pay for absolutely nothing at all in return considering what happened with the Potato Salad and Chicken Burrito campaigns.

I think that what you perceive to be absolutely nothing at all is a very distinct thing from what people who pledged to support such projects perceived.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • The Sly Perception
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --
    Location: Salisbury ,Mocksville,Winston Salem....North Carolina

by The Sly Perception » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:56 am

Interesting :o
    ♫ ♫ 1000 bottles of Phennel Sauce on the wall, 1000 bottles of sauce . You Take one down and pass it around, 999 bottles of Phennel Sauce on the wall.
  • jmeshe
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jmeshe » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:44 am

Maybe you should try a different approach to your thesis.
    Mug Life Project—https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jmeshe/mug-life-project/
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:03 am

Luca Dei Rossi wrote:Call me naive, but I think that together we could build something huge and change the way we treat money and the Internet.

At what point should we start calling you naive? Naive about which facet, though?

Simply because you are trying to sell people nothing does not excuse you from being effective and competent at marketing. Even nothing is something, if it is actually nothing that you want people to buy in to.

Even your funding goal of one thousand pounds is relevant. That, certainly, is not nothing. It is a substantial something, in fact. Combined with the fact that you created a very boring project page, not to mention the fact that you seem to want the project page to spread the word by and for itself, your methodology is suspect.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Interesting... yea... I don't really get it. I would put out more information on how you will be conducting an analysis or study from the campaign. Also, I think that the giving to the potato salad was motivated by something, not that people were just throwing their money at something for no reason.

Why don't you reach out to the potato salad people and the other campaigns and ask to send a survey to their backers to begin the foundations of a study?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Luca Dei Rossi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Luca Dei Rossi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Charles wrote:
    Luca Dei Rossi wrote:[...] not to mention the fact that you seem to want the project page to spread the word by and for itself, your methodology is suspect.

The problem is I'm new to the crowd funding and I don't know how I could or should spread the word...
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:36 pm

A $1 pledge, a $6 pledge, and now along comes a thousand dollar pledge. Congratulations, you made it.

Keep in mind that somebody might decide, afterwards (or before then) to cancel or challenge that pledge.

As to spreading the word, you figured out how to spread the word to this site. Just repeat the process, elsewhere.
  • Luca Dei Rossi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Luca Dei Rossi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Charles wrote:A $1 pledge, a $6 pledge, and now along comes a thousand dollar pledge. Congratulations, you made it.

Keep in mind that somebody might decide, afterwards (or before then) to cancel or challenge that pledge.

As to spreading the word, you figured out how to spread the word to this site. Just repeat the process, elsewhere.

In fact that 1000$ pledge made me think it was just done...I don't know...as a joke? That's why I'm not claiming victory haha. 15 days to go is a long time!
  • Fictitious Gaming
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Fictitious Gaming » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Different approach to kickstarter..