Help Make a Girl Smile!
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Help Make a Girl Smile!

by Charles » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:16 pm

RWP wrote:Using this title I can make it to where the focus is more on the backers than this girl.

Well, congratulations! You just lost the majority of people who otherwise might have thought about backing your project.

Are you certain that you've thought this whole thing through?

Almost any concept is interesting, so at least some will likely be attracted to your project enough to pledge to support it. But, the rel challenge lies in the execution and marketing of the underlying concept. And, what is the underlying concept that you are tossing about?

Well, it keeps changing - which implies uncertainty.

Your draft project page states: "This project is going to be three things - Sweet, Simple, and Short! My goal is to make a special girl I know smile. That's it, I just want a smile."

That strikes me as absolute hogwash, and I think that you're going to have a hard time selling hogwash to the public at large.

If your grand objective was merely to make the girl smile, I suspect that there are countless different ways to accomplish that, without resorting to crowd funding.

You intend to drag her under the spotlight of the public eye. Not that that is always a bad thing, mind you, but once you drag her there, you can't put her back if things begin to run amok.

This whole project reeks to high Heaven of romance. Yet, you seek to assure everyone via those words of assurance that you just want a smile.

A smile? Ahem.

You don't need five hundred origami roses to make a girl smile, nor even a single live one. So, what gives?

You claim to like simplicity, yet you want a hundred and twenty-five bucks. Something's not quite kosher with your logic, kid. How simple is it to fold five hundred origami anything?

Your visual dividers suck - at least, they suck for this particular project.

Of course, for some strange reason, I keep thinking that this isn't just about a smile. Let's get some feedback from others, shall we? Anyone else reading this thread, do you think that it's just about a smile?

Even if it is just about a smile, why a smile? More so than that, though, why HER smile?

The smile is secondary to the fact that it's about her.

Or, is it about you? Is it about your feelings for her?

You did say it was about just wanting a smile.

Your draft project page states: "I want to make something unforgettable, something amazing for a girl."

You want something amazing - yet, you're only after a smile, so why does it have to be amazing? You want it to be unforgettable, yet it's only about a smile.

Hmmm.....What am I missing here, people?

The My Goals section of your project [age states: "My goal is to see her smile :D But there's more than just that! My goal is to raise $125 so I have efficient funds to create many different types of roses."

More to it than just the smile, huh? It's about efficient funds to create many different types of roses, apparently. What the Hell?!

Kid, I think that she has you all messed up, inside, and I think that your approach borders on sheer lunacy. Your project, as stated, makes no sense, and I don't think that a crowd funded exercise in charades will achieve for you either your ultimate goal, whatever the Hell it really is.

You like the girl so much, that you're willing to crowd fund a smile for her. ACK!!! I don't know who the girl is, but I doubt that she's so patently obtuse that she can't see through incompetently crafted smoke and mirrors.

Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    RWP

by RWP » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Well.... sounds like you're getting kind of angry Charles. I mean this project isn't live, I'm just here to get some creative ideas. I get the fact that you aren't a fan of my project (at least that's the way I'm taking it). That's exactly why I came here, to get a few pointers and some ideas.

You repeatedly tell me the problems with my project and bash my ideas. I mean I get the fact that this is a hit or miss project but you can be a little more encouraging than this. How are some ways I can improve this? What can I change to make it better?

I lost the majority of my backers just because I was asking if changing my title would be a good move? When I try to throw out ideas based on your thoughts it only makes my project less it seems like. And since you do have all sorts of information, exactly what should I do Charles? What makes a project perfect to you, because mine is apparently far from it.

So criticize my project, but tell me exactly what you would do to fix the errors.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm not angry. Pursue your project, as you see fit.

If all that you truly seek is to make the girl smile, then that shouldn't be too very hard to accomplish.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • The Sly Perception
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --
    Location: Salisbury ,Mocksville,Winston Salem....North Carolina

by The Sly Perception » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:00 am

Charles wrote:
    RWP wrote:So I stepped up my game! My goal is to fold 500 of these origami roses! 500?!?! Yes, 500 and I made sure that I have enough time to complete this. My financial goal is to earn $125 so I can purchase the different types of origami paper (which I recently found out is much more than I first expected).

What's she going to do with 500 origami roses?

Why don't you just list that as one of numerous possibilities, depending upon how much money that people pledge to support the core concept - which is helping you to make a girl that you like to smile.

Why would I, to use myself as an example to illustrate a point, want to pledge any amount, at all, so that you could subject yourself to spending the amount of time necessary to fold 500 origami roses? I would rather pledge to have you create 500 different origami objects, not so that you could create an army of paper rose clones.

Marie Osmond sang a song titled, "Paper Roses," if I remember correctly.

Not that that matters, of course, but I thought of that, just now.

Not to belittle your affinity for origami roses, but what is far more likely to appeal to a far greater number of people is the underlying story. If you only like her, then why 500 of anything? Elizabeth Barrett Browning wrote a great poem which poses the question: How do I love thee?

You're a brave man, if you intend to use crowd funding to surprise the object of your like-limited affection with five hundred origami roses.

So, is it friendship that you're trying to sell the public on? Or is it romance? Or is it love?

Either of the three can form a strong foundation for a crowd funding project. How do you intend to make your story stand out from the rest? By impressing either the girl or the public with 500 paper roses?

Whether the roses in question be real or paper, it's what they symbolize that matters most. And what, pray tell me, do these roses - whether one or five hundred - actually symbolize?

Is your goal to raise one hundred and twenty-five dollars? Or is it to make this girl smile?

Somehow, I get the feeling that it's not just her smile that is at issue, here. Of course, it costs you nothing for me to be wrong on that specific point.

You concluded that buying her a rose was a bad idea, yet you then concluded that inundating her with hundreds of unreal roses was a good idea?

Maybe it is.

Maybe.

8-) 8-)
    ♫ ♫ 1000 bottles of Phennel Sauce on the wall, 1000 bottles of sauce . You Take one down and pass it around, 999 bottles of Phennel Sauce on the wall.
    flashww
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by flashww » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:10 pm

how much does 12 paper roses cost ? could be your first goal

second goal something bigger billboard hire for a week

third goal something bigger sky writing

fourth goal local tv press

fifth tandem sky jump with banner

i mean you u could go for gold around world trip for two , at the end of the day might get nothing but some project i have seem you could get the lot and more
    Help promote Welsh film production, and get your name in credits awesome as awesome merch, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29 ... f=kicktraq