Kickstarter Tips from Charles
    nixiart

Re: Kickstarter Tips from Charles

by nixiart » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:16 am

I like the tips on the ambulance chasers. I'm so weary of them. I was looking at one but at the end of the day either my project is good enough to become successful or it's not. I'm really trying the blogger and press angle that seems like the best way to go.

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:01 pm

nixiart wrote:I like the tips on the ambulance chasers. I'm so weary of them. I was looking at one but at the end of the day either my project is good enough to become successful or it's not. I'm really trying the blogger and press angle that seems like the best way to go.

Here's the thing - there are actually people and companies out there that might help a given project, either a little or a lot. But, if you have to wonder whether the one that contacted you out of the blue unsolicited by you is one of those legitimate promoters or marketers, then you have a problem.

Just try to research them a bit, first, before you fire off some money to them.

But, if you don't know, then you just don't know. That's part of life, sometimes. How many companies of this nature do you send a few hundred bucks to, each, before it impacts your wallet or purse significantly? For my own personal taste, even just one is way too many!

Plus, if you do get burned by them, then share that knowledge and experience with others. You may not get your own money back, but you can impact the ability of that company to generate at least some new clients that it otherwise might have gotten. They could end up costing you a few hundred dollars, but in return, you could end up costing them thousands of dollars.

Additionally, if you pay via credit card, you always have the option of disputing the charge with your credit card company. If they want to rip you off, then nothing says that you have to make it either easy or quick for them to do so. If they want YOUR money, then make them WORK for it, one way or another.

You can also report them to the Better Business Bureau, even though that could end up amounting to little more than a "feel good" exercise by yourself, one with limited impact.

Furthermore, if there are companies out there just ripping people off, you might also want to consider contacting government officials or agencies, starting with your state's Attorney-General. Enough complaints about a particular company will begin to open eyes in ways that could have a real impact. You don't have to be a quiet victim.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Many will already be aware of the info contained in the following tip, but if you're new to it all, or even if you're just new to only a portion of it, you may find the following tip to be useful.

Crowd Funding Tip # 5 - Create a forum signature with your link in it
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Run out of things to say about your project? Don't know what to say about it to others?

Crowd Funding Tip # 6 - When in doubt, create quality
  • thequest
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by thequest » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:10 am

Thank you Charles
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:34 pm

nixiart

by nixiart » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:44 pm

I think that this is so important. I have a tendency to look at the video and then look at the visuals when I look at campaigns, if there aren't any images I'm less inclined to linger on the page. We live in such a visual and instant gratification culture so that makes sense.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:55 pm

nixiart wrote:I think that this is so important. I have a tendency to look at the video and then look at the visuals when I look at campaigns, if there aren't any images I'm less inclined to linger on the page. We live in such a visual and instant gratification culture so that makes sense.

We've always lived in a visual world. Sight is one of the human senses, after all. Even our imagination tends to be visual, to a large degree.

The instant gratification label, however, aside from being overused, is at odds with using visual elements to increase the linger time for project page visitors. It's not about instant gratification, but rather, it's about visual engagement.

People often think in terms of instant gratification, without giving due regard to the processing power and processing speed of the human mind. Many things, our minds process instantaneously, or nearly so. Once your mind processes information, it either seeks new info to process, or it becomes bored, in many instances.

Which, of course, is one of the main reasons that a project page should have depth to it - with visual depth being but one aspect of a project page's depth.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --