Creating a Smile with Anonymous Gifts - New Project
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Creating a Smile with Anonymous Gifts - New Project

by sbriggman » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:26 am

I thought this VIP forum member's project was pretty cool. I backed them and shared it with my friends. Basically, Stephanie wants to spread positive messages through anonymous gifts. Check out the Kickstarter here.

2546e78da49e07ae9a68191fb85df29d_large.jpg
    2546e78da49e07ae9a68191fb85df29d_large.jpg (34.13 KiB) Viewed 830 times

About This Project

The Somewhere Out There Project was created in order for me to be able to share a smile with people. I envisioned an idea where I would be able to bring a little light into someone's life with an anonymous and tangible gift. I eventually settled on wood burning small tokens that I have been putting out all over the city and leaving for people to find. Each token says "Somewhere Out There" on the front and a positive word or message on the back. Eventually, I would like to have my tokens set out all over the world. (I have currently had them set out in four states as well as Australia).

**Now that we are fully funded I am adding a stretch goal, if we can reach the $500 mark I will send out one town to each of the 50 states. The recipient will be chosen randomly and the token will be sent anonymously!**

What I Want This Project to Accomplish

After this initial concept came into being I spent weeks speaking with friends, family, and colleagues perfecting the idea. After 10 prototypes and quite a bit of 'how it will work' discussions, I present to you the "Somewhere Out There" project. The different things I want to incorporate are the following:

1) Tokens that will be placed randomly in places that I visit. These tokens will be notched to count them and placed with a card that has the Facebook URL (https://www.facebook.com/somewhereoutthereproject) on it, and I will take a photo of each placed token.

2) I will urge people to post where they found theirs and which token it was, and, of course, if it made them smile! I have put a few out and one person has already responded after finding her smile. :)

3) Also, on this site I will allow people to request tokens that will be sent anonymously to someone they feel needs a smile. This is one of the main focuses of the funding, allowing for packing and shipping of larger quantities individually. These tokens will not be notched or numbered, as they won't be involved in the tracking project.

4) I will also be placing the tokens whenever I travel to another city. (I currently travel to Las Vegas at least once a year, think of all the fun places to leave a smile there!) If I receive excess funding I will plan a few road trips to neighboring cities!

Check the project out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ju ... -out-there

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
    savorthememories
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Creating a Smile with Anonymous Gifts - New Project

by savorthememories » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:34 am

This is an amazing project and I have personally backed it myself!! I am glad Stephanie has exceeded her goal and still has a couple days left. I am proud that she is from my home state and happy to help her spread some happiness! :D
    ♥ Unique Photo Charms & Lockets ♥ by SavorTheMemories
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/savorthememories/unique-photo-charms-and-lockets

• selena23
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by selena23 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:32 pm

This looks awesome, thanks for helping to give it some exposure. I'm going to go back it too, even though it's already surpassed it's goal! That's great!
    dylanmad

by dylanmad » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:42 am

This seems like an absolutely wonderful idea. We need more positivity in the world, don't we? Things to motivate people and give them hope, sometimes just to get through their day.
  • RICSB
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by RICSB » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Sending an anonymous gift is great. I've done a similar thing in the past on a different project, but mine was a whole book written by someone I knew. I thought a book was a great gift to give away and not expect a reply or anything in return. The anonymity of her gift idea goes beyond just sending someone something. It touches a chord. How deeply the touch is depends on the receiver's make up, but no mater what, I'm sure it has to be appreciated.