Kickstarter Success Tips From Successful Campaign Creators
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Kickstarter Success Tips From Successful Campaign Creators

by sbriggman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:23 pm

If you are running or thinking of running a Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or other type of crowdfunding campaign, I urge you to check out Meetup.com to find some local events in your area where you can learn from other campaign creators and network with people who are going through the same fundraising process.

Two weeks ago, I attended the Kickstarter, Indiegogo and Crowdfunding Meetup in Cambridge, Massachusetts. There were two awesome speakers, Eli Regalado and Elan Amram. Eli is the cofounder of Videogogo, a full-service marketing agency based in Denver, CO, and has successfully helped raise $183,000 on Kickstarter. Elan is the founder of ShmoozBiz, a Social Community to Discuss and Learn about Crowd Funding.

David Iaituri, who has raised $194,682 on Kickstarter, was also there and provided some great insight into raising money on the platform.

When just starting out, many campaign creators have similar questions about raising money from the crowd. Eli, Elan, and David did an awesome job answering some of these questions and outlining the common mistakes that first-time campaigners make. I’ve included some distilled tips below.

1. Don’t Expect People To “Discover” You.
    Eli Regalado likened raising money on Kickstarter or Indiegogo to the early days of the web, where people expected that if they threw up an ecommerce web page, thousands if not millions of people would find their page (what else do they have to do with their lives?) and they’d become a millionaire in a matter of months.

The fact is that you must drive your own traffic to your crowdfunding campaign to see results. No one wants to be the first one to the school dance. Get your friends and family to commit to pledging throughout the first week to build momentum and add social proof to your project.

“Unless you’re Bill Gates that has a network of people that will write you checks of $50,000 a pop, you really need mainstream PR. You really need to get the blogosphere excited about what it is that you’re doing” – Regalado on SucceedInYourPajamas

2. Build a Team BEFORE Launching Your Project
    In order to be successful on Kickstarter, you need the following key skills: campaign management, social media, video editing/production, design ability, copywriting skills, and marketing/PR. You may have all of these or only one. Either way, your time is finite and building a team around your project can help increase the chances of fundraising success.

Read more here: http://www.crowdcrux.com/kickstarter-su ... -creators/

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • freesho
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Kickstarter Success Tips From Successful Campaign Creato

by freesho » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:19 am

Hey, all of these tips are very helpful and resourceful. I wish I would of ran across this post earlier though :oops: I plan on launching my first kickstarter this week and I plan on incorporating this advice. GREAT POST :) :mrgreen:
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks! Glad it helped. Be sure to keep me updated on your launch :). What's the campaign for?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Azariah
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Azariah » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:52 pm

These tips are surely helpful because in a way we get ways for learning and growing,Most of the times these are the thing that help us with knowing more and making ourselves better.
    On professional Basis we can get a lot of help from agile business solutions because they really have a superb way of working.
    Carl
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Carl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Great tips. In my honest opinion, it all depends on the project's uniqueness and progress. :) No one likes to donate for something that isn't progressive :P
    Platinum Metrics - Press Release and Distribution Service
  • Boldedesign
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Boldedesign » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Thanks for the tips! This is kind of a mentality change for us. We will definitely be implementing theses tips!
    Inventalator
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Inventalator » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Having a team is something most people take for granted I think. You can't do it all yourself!
    Inventalator.com - Crowd Intelligence Platform for Product Development

Click here and use access code - kickstarterforum - to join our community instantly!
    Scylla
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Scylla » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 am

Really great tips.
  • ChiLanta'sCatering
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ChiLanta'sCatering » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:37 am

I really wish I had seen this site before I launch my project today! This was great info!
  • Azariah
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Azariah » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:08 am

Discussing this factor can be a an important thing because its finally about the campaign and surely we can get to have betterment through it if see the charts which improves correctly and because that is what we need most of the times we can be better with the learning.
    On professional Basis we can get a lot of help from agile business solutions because they really have a superb way of working.