Horse Biomechanics Book Project
    JoBelasco
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Horse Biomechanics Book Project

by JoBelasco » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi there!

I am happy to announce that our Kickstarter campaign, "The Science of Riding with Feel: Horse Biomechanics and You," reached it's funding goal last week! I was told about this forum just a few days ago, so I thought I would join and post because if we can go over our funding goal, we can get this book out to folks sooner.

My co-author, Dawn Hill Adams, Ph.D., and myself actually had a book publisher very interested in our book last year. But...they claimed that only a certain discipline, dressage riders, wanted it. We knew that wasn't true because all kinds of riders attended our seminars and clinics, and they all wanted a book! We also wanted to put out free information, such as a workbook with exercises, and the publisher didn't like that at all, as you can imagine. We have most of the book written, but we needed funding to finish the illustrations and self-publish it.

Kickstarter is allowing us to make this book a reality! Our supporters have put us over the top, which is just wonderful! We also plan to use this book in our nonprofit work with a program called Horses In Action that will help girls stay involved in science, technology, engineering and math. They tend to drop out of those disciplines in middle school, but this program will teach them horse biomechanics as a way of retaining them in those disciplines.

We are trying to continue to raise funds for the next four days, until our end date of September 13. Additional funds will help us get this book out to folks sooner. So, take a look at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... -with-feel .

Thanks!!

BJ Sensei Now
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Horse Biomechanics Book Project

by BJ Sensei Now » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:14 am

Congratulations on exceeding your goal
    BJ Sensei is starting a revolution in oral sex education for him and her. Get email and text updates at http://l6toukoy.launchrock.co/

Follow BJ Sensei on Twitter: @BJ_Sensei_Now
    dylanmad

by dylanmad » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:21 am

Congratulations on exceeding your goal! Must feel great! Hope I know what that's like some day.
    JoBelasco
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JoBelasco » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks! We are really happy to have met and even exceeded our goal. There were a few times we weren't sure it was going to happen. We know times are hard, so we really appreciate all the folks who are making this book happen!