WELtip Toothpaste Delivery System - video
    WELdental
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

WELtip Toothpaste Delivery System - video

by WELdental » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:17 pm

We think we did a pretty good job on our video. Would really appreciate any feedback we could get before our launch date of October 1st.

http://weldental.com
    Last edited by WELdental on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron Welch
    WELdental

[url]https;//weldental.com[/url]
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: WELtip Toothpaste Delivery System - video

by Charles » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:04 pm

1. The video is informative - but, it is boring.

2. What's up with the giant tooth character? It accomplishes nothing for the video. It just makes the video look even cheaper, due to your execution of that concept.

3. At no point in the video do you show the actual product in use. I want to see it used on real people's teeth. It's a product about teeth, but all that the video gives us is talk, talk, and more talk. Where are the up close scenes where we can see what the product actually does?

4. The talk festival going on this this video lacks enthusiasm. It also features only one person. Did I mention that it is boring?

5. The cave people caught my eye. There was an uptick in my interest at that particular moment.

6. My advice is for you to create a new video from scratch. Informative is good. This product needs to have an informative video.

7. Since there is no actual use of the product in the video, the video comes across as unpersuasive. The idea is a good one. The concept seems solid. But, execution of the concept, by way of this video, is an abject failure. Even if someone viewing this video doesn't click it off from boredom before watching the entire thing, the video doesn't close the deal and seal the viewer's support, since you didn't bother to include any scenes of the product in actual use on real people's teeth.

8. The video is boring.

9. The video is boring.

10. The video is boring.

If I repeated any particular point in this segment of feedback, there's likely a reason for it.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
    WELdental
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by WELdental » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:54 am

I assume you don't use a Waterpik. I'm not sure anyone would want to watch someone flush food particles out of their mouth. People that use a Waterpik or any other water flosser knows what it does and why it is so important.

We will take some of your input into consideration.

We aren't selling a video game we are selling a dental hygiene product to the public and dental professionals.
    Ron Welch
    WELdental

WELdental
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by WELdental » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:13 pm

We are working on many several changes and would appreciate it if you would review it again after it is completed.

Thanks for your assistance so far. It is appreciated.
    Ron Welch
    WELdental

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:33 pm

WELdental wrote:I assume you don't use a Waterpik. I'm not sure anyone would want to watch someone flush food particles out of their mouth. People that use a Waterpik or any other water flosser knows what it does and why it is so important.

We will take some of your input into consideration.

We aren't selling a video game we are selling a dental hygiene product to the public and dental professionals.

You are advocating for a new approach to tackling a fundamental problem. Yet, where is the visual evidence that it works?

I am well aware that watching videos of a person washing food particles out of their mouth is not high on the list of anyone's preference list for entertainment. But, then again, it's not a video game that you are trying to fund.

You may feel that there is no need nor valid reason to demonstrate your actual product in actual use. But, then again, that places your project at a natural disadvantage, when it comes to seeking the securing of pledges from complete strangers.

Previously, when I looked at what you were doing, one of the strong visual points that you made dealt with a tooth, which was eroded away at the gum line. Was it pretty? Nope - but, it was what retained my interest in your project. I used to use a hard bristle tooth brush, myself, and I had wondered why stores quit carrying them. I had just never bothered to research it.

If you think that your current project video is spot on, that it will sell project page visitors on your product, then you should certainly retain it, as is.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:36 pm

WELdental wrote:I assume you don't use a Waterpik. I'm not sure anyone would want to watch someone flush food particles out of their mouth. People that use a Waterpik or any other water flosser knows what it does and why it is so important.

Well, you are free to assume anything that you want to. Perhaps assumptions will be the route to funding your project.

WELdental wrote:We aren't selling a video game we are selling a dental hygiene product to the public and dental professionals.

Which dental professionals have endorsed your project?
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Charles wrote:[Previously, when I looked at what you were doing, one of the strong visual points that you made dealt with a tooth, which was eroded away at the gum line. Was it pretty? Nope - but, it was what retained my interest in your project. I used to use a hard bristle tooth brush, myself, and I had wondered why stores quit carrying them. I had just never bothered to research it.

I went back to your project page, just now, to find the visual point in question. Here it is:

It's not a pretty image. It's not an appetizing scene. But, it is an effective visual to underscore a particular point.

Your audience for this Kickstarter project is an Internet audience. Thus, they have ready access to information. Your video is informative - but, not informative enough. What makes your product superior to a Waterpik, for instance? The design of the tip? Some mysterious ingredient? Not knowing tends to not be persuasive, and if you want people to pledge, you need to be persuasive.
    WELdental
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by WELdental » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:00 pm

Charles wrote:Well, you are free to assume anything that you want to. Perhaps assumptions will be the route to funding your project.

I should have phrased that differently as I didn't mean to offend you. You have given us some excellent advice that we are going to use to improve the video.

If I could clarify what WELtip is. It is a replacement tip for existing water flossers on the market today of which the most popular is Waterpik. People that currently use Waterpik get the concept immediately and those people are our target market.

As you have observed the advice that dental professionals have been giving over the last several decades has been found to do more harm than good. That is why you can't find a Hard toothbrush and even a Medium is becoming extinct.

So you think the photo is more effective that the graphic of the damage? That is good input as we were concerned it was a bit disturbing although it is exactly what has happened to people who have been told to brush for 5 minutes and who don't realize that their 'whitening' toothpaste is so abrasive it is removing layers of their enamel in the process.

Thanks again for your help so far!

Thanks for helping us improve our video. I will post a link to the new version when it is ready.
    Ron Welch
    WELdental

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:11 pm

WELdental wrote:I should have phrased that differently as I didn't mean to offend you. You have given us some excellent advice that we are going to use to improve the video.

I'm not offended. Don't assume that I am.

WELdental wrote:If I could clarify what WELtip is. It is a replacement tip for existing water flossers on the market today of which the most popular is Waterpik. People that currently use Waterpik get the concept immediately and those people are our target market.

I am well aware of what a Waterpik and other similar devices are, as well as what they do. You may think that your communication of your concept is "obvious," but I base my feedback upon what is actually presented, not upon what project creators think might be obvious.

If your target market is people who use a Waterpik, then I am curious as to why your market is so small, if your product can actually benefit a much wider market?
    WELdental
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by WELdental » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:31 pm

The initial users will most likely be Waterpik users. We do want to enlighten others to the benefits of water flossing and of course WELtip. There are over 12 million water flossers sold in the US each year and there are an estimated 50 million users. Waterpik currently has over 90% of the market.
    Ron Welch
    WELdental