Bottom of the 9th and 2 strikes...here's the pitch...
  • jmccullough62
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Bottom of the 9th and 2 strikes...here's the pitch...

by jmccullough62 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:17 pm

RWP..just made the rewards program a little better for those who live outside the area. go and take a look and tell me what u think...

• jmccullough62
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jmccullough62 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:10 am

A BiG THANKS TO MR Dan Hartmanstorfer..our newest backer !!!.. i took some great advice from a fellow thread member and re vamped the rewards and now im getting great response
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:48 am

Personally, I don't believe that the only issue is with the rewards. I believe that that is a severe understatement of the deficiencies.

The stated objective is fifty-five thousand dollars. That is a large sum of money. The project page has a lot of text on it - a great expanse of text, in fact, unbroken by visual imagery. What it lacks are details - and an actual plan.

It has a story. It articulates a dream, a vision, if you will. But, does it do so in an effective way?

More importantly, does it do so in a persuasive way? Is what is presented on this project page persuasive enough to convince complete strangers to collectively part with fifty-five thousand dollars?

Funding pledged to date equals a grand total of twenty dollars. That puts the project fifty-four thousand, nine hundred and eight dollars short of the funding objective - with just seventeen days left in the campaign cycle to meet that goal.

The project is in the Dead Zone. That doesn't mean that the dream or the vision or even the hope is dead. Rather, it is simply a colorful term used to describe inactivity of note by backers and/or funding. In essence, it equates to an extended period of inactivity by the funding entities for the project in question.

As an example of lack of details, to better illustrate the point. The project page states, "Equipment has been priced..." Yet, where is a list of the equipment or the prices for the same? How many price quotes were obtained, from who and when?

This project has two backers, currently. I was the first of the two. For me, the dream, itself, is worth backing. But, for many, it is not quite that simple.

The story, itself, which is where the greatest substantial part of this project's persuasive force lies waiting to be unleashed, is visited upon the project page visitor in text form, alone. Yet, Kickstarter is a very visual medium - as crowd funding sites in general tend to be. The dream doesn't play to Kickstarter's strengths. Accordingly, that makes it all the harder for the project creator to see his project funded.

The Facebook page and the Pinterest do a better job of conveying the message visually, than the Kickstarter project page - not that they are sufficient, at present, to rise to the tune of fifty-five thousand dollars.

https://www.facebook.com/MacBurgerShack

http://www.pinterest.com/p84299/design-ideas-for-mac-burger-shack/

The Kicktraq link for this project reveals a total of 1 share.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/937121057/macs-burger-shack-home-of-classic-burgers-shakes-f/

So, the word clearly isn't getting out to a sufficient degree, such that the funding goal is likely to be obtained.

Kicktraq charts reveal the extent of the Dead Zone that the project is in, at present:

Kickspy data doesn't reveal a more promising scenario:

http://www.kickspy.com/projects/937121057/macs-burger-shack-home-of-classic-burgers-shakes-f

Kicktrak trending is towards less than fifty dollars - less than 1/1000th of what is needed, for this project to meet its funding goal.

In order to reach the funding goal that was set by the project creator, this project needs to accumulate more than three thousand dollars per day, everyday, for each of the remaining days in its campaign cycle.

The core, underlying message that it all collectively sends is not an indictment of the dream, but rather, an indictment of the project page in its current incarnation.

To raise fifty-five thousand dollars from complete strangers, or from a combination of friends, family, and complete strangers, is no small undertaking, to be certain. In fact, it is a task of great enormity. If the project page isn't up to snuff, then how does one successfully climb a mountain of that size?

Honestly, I don't know that you can, short of a miracle or a person of sufficient financial means appearing to make the dream happen.

At worst, the current funding campaign fails. The world doesn't end, and the dream doesn't have to, either.

But, I tend to be a realist, rather than a pessimist or an optimist. The reality to me, as I see it, is that the project page isn't up to the task it has been entrusted with.

The Facebook page for this project has 251 "likes." Yet, the Project's Facebook page is linked in the full bio, rather than on the main project page, itself.

On his personal Facebook page, the project creator is being followed by 512 people, which is a sizable "tribe," for potential crowd funding purposes. Yet, how many of them are backing the project with actual pledges?

If the people who are Facebook friends with him are not forming the tribe that will back and fund this project to success, then the question remains outstanding - who will form that tribe?

At present, the project lacks a tribe, aside from a couple of individuals. To become viral requires a multitude of tribes. To get anywhere of note typically requires at least one tribe of supporters who will back your project.

Ideally, you want a tribe of people already formed and ready to back, on launch of a crowd funding project - unless you crave a challenge for challenge's sake.

Clearly, that doesn't exist here. So, what is the project creator's Plan B? Or, is there a Plan B? If not, then the project lies in the hands of fate and luck and the good LORD himself. If God chooses to intervene, then you're good to go. If not, what then?

If the project is successful, there's fees and taxes to consider. Have those been accounted for?

Here's something to consider - Is it possible that you are attempting to bite off more than you can chew? By that, I simply mean, is the funding goal too much of a challenge, for this particular project page, as currently rendered? I think that it is.

If you want your own restaurant, have you considered breaking that dream up into individual segments? Some learn to walk, before they learn to run. Some take life one step at a time.

Personally, I think that the funding goal is too small, to launch a restaurant, unless you already have major pieces of the puzzle already in place.

Has land already been acquired?

Has an actual building already been acquired?

Have any items or equipment that would be used inside the building already been acquired?

I think that the project page, in its current form, leaves a lot of relevant details in the dark. I think that makes persuading people to back this project all the more difficult.

The project image is a pretty image. It's visually attractive. But, even it doesn't say Mac's Burger Shack. It says Hamburger Haven.

The project video required voice-over, due to the background noise. The end of the video is stunted.

In sum, short of a major revamp of this project page, I have difficulty seeing it as having a real chance of succeeding.

It's your dream, John - doesn't it deserve a real chance of succeeding? I think that your packaging and marketing of this dream has failed, thus far. Unless you fix the problems with packaging and marketing, I don't think that this project will reach its funding goal.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • jmccullough62
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jmccullough62 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:28 am

and after reading your scathing critique.. i just spent 3 hours on the phone with new and used equipment sales persons.commercial real estate agents..gen contractors and the local utilities website and going out of business sales being held by restaurant liquidators.. i updated my website, yet still do not see how i can get the word out on a low to no budget campaign any better than i have !!!!
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:47 am

jmccullough62 wrote:and after reading your scathing critique.. i just spent 3 hours on the phone with new and used equipment sales persons.commercial real estate agents..gen contractors and the local utilities website and going out of business sales being held by restaurant liquidators.. i updated my website, yet still do not see how i can get the word out on a low to no budget campaign any better than i have !!!!

The critique was actually pretty mild, hardly scathing, but that aside, doing a cram job for price quotes for equipment doesn't address the shortcomings with the project page. If anything, it only grows the mass of text.

I think that you're approach it all wrong. Your approach is ineffective. It stands to reason that it is ineffective, because the pledges gained, to date, are nominal, and people are not responding to the approach in consequential numbers.

Start with the basics - Do you already have property and.or a building, already?

What - specifically and exactly - do you already have, for this project?

You are tackling it all en masse. In the process, you are creating an anchor around the neck of your dream.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • jmccullough62
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jmccullough62 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:05 am

good points and with that i will look at other projects to see if they are following the model you presented to me.and learn from them on what. their project strong points were
  • lborrero
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lborrero » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Maybe include some rewards that can be easily shipped or some people use a special thank you location in a visible place in the shop
  • jmccullough62
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jmccullough62 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:19 pm

i did just that.re worked the rewards for those ho dont live in the area