how to promote a musician's product
  • joehark
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

how to promote a musician's product

by joehark » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:24 pm

I have developed a product that I think many musicians like myself will want. There are products established that do some very similar things. My value proposition is strongly competitive with them and includes such differences as
    • intuitive application - seen once, immediately recognized as easier and faster to use
    • gets a great "WOW, that's neat" response
    • wide market - all instrumentalists, vocalists, teachers, students, performers at all levels, from beginner to full time pro performer.
    • versatility - all other similar products work only one way, one time
    • reusable - mine is reusable saving both money and the hassles of changing for new situations
    • faster to use - right out of its simple packaging
    • brandable for volume buyers - many music companies are prospects to resell or give away
    • very long (really long) markups at both retail and wholesale
    • exportable worldwide - no language issues for various markets
    • low price point - in range of bus/subway trip or a slice of pizza and soft-drink

Preliminary research says I need $5000 for materials, equipment and simple (rack ready) packaging. Estimated sales after one-year, high 6-figures.

But aside from a web site, how can I promote this to musicians so they will support the crowdfunding campaign? Surely there are online articles and maybe even books on how to promote a crowd funding campaign?

May I have some guidance about those resources?

Thanks

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: how to promote a musician's product

by sbriggman » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Regarding online articles, I recently wrote a crowdfunding guide for musicians that might be helpful? It links to some helpful articles and online communities.

See: http://www.crowdcrux.com/crowdfunding-guide-musicians/

In terms of outreach, you essentially need to reach musicians, get their feedback, and start building up an email list or contact list of interested people. I'd create a list of blogs, online communities, etc. I would also look at other music technology projects and see what websites they got on study how they rallied support.

How to research campaigns: http://www.crowdcrux.com/how-to-researc ... campaigns/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • loraine
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: how to promote a musician's product

by loraine » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:19 am

What exactly is your product though? I'm a musician, so use me as an example to sell this to