Forget Jerky - Snack-on Biltong on the Go!
  • Snackon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Forget Jerky - Snack-on Biltong on the Go!

by Snackon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:31 pm

My wife and I have been working on a special project which is now at an exciting level ...we would like to share the excitement with all our friends and supporters.

What’s really amazing about Snack-on Biltong is it's texture and nutritional value because it's all natural and high in protein making it a convenient healthy snack for the whole family at. Any occasion, Anytime, Anywhere!

What is Biltong?

Biltong is a lean, cured and dried meat that originated in South Africa. It is similar to beef jerky in that they are both spiced, dried meats. But that's were the comparison starts and ends. The typical ingredients, taste and production processes differ. Unlike "Jerky", Biltong is not smoked, has no sweet taste and is prepared in a totally different manner.

Billtong is a tasty, nutritious, high protein beef "snack-on-the go" that you can eat almost anytime, anywhere. Whether you're hiking, fishing or just kicking back and watching sports, Biltong Snack adds flavor to the occasion. What makes it even a better snack, is that the nature of the curing process, allows for all of the nutrients and minerals to be retained - making it a very nutritious healthy snack.

If you're tired of jerky snacks and yet you still crave for lean and healthy nutritious beef snack, Biltong is definitely for you. We make it with tantalizing symphonic flavors that make you want more of it. Every Kickstarter backer will receive a 20% coupon for a future Biltong purchase on our website, in addition to the Biltong selection at your reward level.

Your support and or by letting others know about our project is highly appreciated.

Find out more about it here;

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/38 ... ed-beef-sn
    Last edited by Snackon on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Forget Jerky - Snack-on Biltong on the Go!

by Charles » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:16 am

I've never had biltong, but I hate the name of it. Too close to biltongue

That aside, I hate beef jerky. I might like this. But, you really need to do some work to your project page, to increase visual interest in it.

Your project video is very boring to watch. Your "logo" is super-bland. Invest in an artist, and have them to draw you a more exciting "spokesman" for your product. That cow has no energy. Do a web search for some visually potent mascot art/clipart, and you will find examples of something that would be better suited to reaching out and visually grabbing people.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • MrMorrison1983
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MrMorrison1983 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:16 pm

Well, this sounds tasty!
    TomOlson
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TomOlson » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:17 pm

I'd like to get a taste of that too! But at the same time I am not willing to forget jerky since I have bought one of the the best dehydrator for jerky and have been making the tastiest home jerky by myself. A few weeks ago I invited a few of my friends over and everyone liked it. You might say that they weren't objective as they are my friends but I made it clear for them that I was not going to be offended by healthy criticism. While they made several jokes about how a cop might be better at the kitchen, they all liked my jerky in the end.
  • MrMorrison1983
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MrMorrison1983 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:56 pm

TomOlson wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:17 pm I'd like to get a taste of that too! But at the same time I am not willing to forget jerky since I have bought one of the the best dehydrator for jerky and have been making the tastiest home jerky by myself. A few weeks ago I invited a few of my friends over and everyone liked it. You might say that they weren't objective as they are my friends but I made it clear for them that I was not going to be offended by healthy criticism. While they made several jokes about how a cop might be better at the kitchen, they all liked my jerky in the end.
    Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM
    iconnic
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by iconnic » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:19 am

Goodluck with the challenge ahead, we love biltong.