Lets bring the undisputed KING of schoolyard games back in t
  • endospink
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Lets bring the undisputed KING of schoolyard games back in t

by endospink » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:59 pm

This is my kickstart project and anyone who went to a public primary school should know this classic..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... e-game-app

• GM Dave
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Lets bring the undisputed KING of schoolyard games back

by GM Dave » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:33 pm

A little bit of feedback if I may. I totally get what you are doing, but can you include some gameplay or examples of what it will look like? I loved the retro games like anyone else, but I can just load up MAME to play them any time I want to. Why should I back this, and what will it give me that I can't get anywhere else? These are the questions I am asking after reading your pitch.

I like the concept, great background information, but the call to action just needs some work. Make it exciting for your backers to see what they will get and tell them how awesome your game will be!
  • endospink
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Lets bring the undisputed KING of schoolyard games back

by endospink » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:44 am

Hi GM,
    I guess the only thing I can offer is for backers to be a part in this cool project. If successful I believe this cool arcade game can go all the way just like it did in real life. Although the game has been banned, kids just can't help themselves and sneak to odd game in when teachers aren't looking, too easy to play, too addictive to sit and watch, all you have to do is get to the other side of the field and the game itself has stood the test of time and nearly one hundred years of history that can't be deleted. Nearly all kids know this game.

As for game play, the retro 80's "10 Yard Fight" clip is pretty close to how it should turn out with the exception of a static field instead of rolling. Unfortunately I don't have the coding skills nor the finance to whack a playable example together, I have played around with Corona, Gamemaker, Stencyl, Construct2 trying to build something presentable however I wouldn't do the game any justice and should leave this to interested developers if possible.

So to be honest all I can offer backers is the luxury of knowing they have been involved in the revival and survival of the greatness schoolyard game every to be played. And of course all backers to be named in the game credits.

Please note: This game is something I've have been wanting to do for years but just didn't know how to go about it and kickstarter seems to be a way to reach out for help. I don't know anyone in the gaming industry or how crowd funding works so any help would be much appreciated.

There isn't a game like this currently on the app store but with so many that have played this at school, it's only a matter of time before someone thinks of it. Putting it out there now for all to see does have it's risks but keeping it locked in my head isn't going to get me anywhere either.

Hope this helps