Animal Gas: A Scratch and Sniff Picture Book
  • breadwig
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Animal Gas: A Scratch and Sniff Picture Book

by breadwig » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:39 pm

I'd love feedback on my Kickstarter for my Scratch and Sniff picture book. It's got 17 days to go and after a strong start it has slowed waaaaay down.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1862060792/animal-gas-a-scratch-and-sniff-picture-book

If you go to the updates section you can see all the extra stuff I've been doing to promote it.

thanks!

Bryan

• VaporStarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Animal Gas: A Scratch and Sniff Picture Book

by VaporStarter » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:17 pm

breadwig wrote:I'd love feedback on my Kickstarter for my Scratch and Sniff picture book.

Lol! That's awesome. Great video, well laid out project. I really think your only limiting factor is target market.

You have 115 backers.. have you sent a direct message to each and every backer thanking them for supporting you and asking if they can help by sharing your project on their social networks?
    ---
    My goal is to be helpful. However individual results may vary.
    ---
    PitchFuse.com - Pre-launch your project. Gain a following.
    VaporStarter.com
    SnoopCrowd.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Might also recommend doing an update asking backers to consider upping their pledge amount and emphasizing the benefits. What promotion methods have been working best so far?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • breadwig
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by breadwig » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:47 am

thanks guys, only a few days left, not looking like I'll make it. I've been doing a lot of updates. I messaged folks asking them to spread the word and a lot of them have. I also have been adding bonus awards for certain pledge levels and a number of supporters have raised the pledge levels. But it's not raising the amount enough unfortunately. Only 5 days left and still a ways to go.

I even got a mention in USA Today and in the Associate Press, but I only got a small bump from that. :( Anyway, you can see everything I've been doing in the updates: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/186 ... book/posts
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:02 am

That's pretty cool about the mention in USA today and the associate press. Any lessons learned that you would pass onto other campaign creators or things you would do differently? You raised a good bit of money.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.