Anyone Use Kickstartmyads?
  • elenagart
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Anyone Use Kickstartmyads?

by elenagart » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 am

Hi, we have purchased Kickstartmyads "Reach Crowdfounders $295, reach 6,500+" package. Our expectations were that through the ad, at least a few people would be able to get to our project and begin watching the video. We also hoped that some of these people would become backers. Making arrangements were easy, kickstartmyads reps have been very responsive and created our facebook ad quickly. It's been up for 9 days, from Aug 10 to 18th and it will end on Aug 31st.

Here comes the bad part. So far we have experienced NO INCREASE in the number of people discovering our kickstarter project through the ad. On Aug 15th we received our first report where the "reach" number was 596 (out of promised 6,500+) users.

Our consequent communications with kickstartmyads rep went south. We have expressed our two main concerns. One was about number of people who saw the ad (we believed that 596 was too low ), and the second - directing the users to Kickstarter, which was not working at all. We asked them what they can do more specifically to remedy the situation. The reply was vague and stated that the numbers will pick up on the second and the third weeks. We pressed further because our campaign ends on August 31 and they haven't told us about timing initially. Our last communication to them was about 50% refund for taking over the short term project without telling us that it may take longer to reach the audience. After that, they started to avoid answering questions and resorted to short updates.

To summarize, so far its NOT WORKING. To clarify, when we say "working" we mean the results in terms of number of people discovering our project, not the number of people who see the ad ("reach") or the number of "cost-effective clicks and engagements" (never got explanation what that means) reported to us. But even "reach" and "clicks and engagement" metrics were very low.

If the miracle happens and the ad picks up, I'll be the first one to apologies to kickstartmyads . I will post it in this thread and leave as much positive feedback as can all over the web :-), but we are pretty skeptical at this point.

----
    Kickstarter project http://bit.ly/SaHonK1
    fb: https://www.facebook.com/usa.squirrelandhedgehog

coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by coolinvent » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Haven't been approached by them and looks like they promote Facebook Ads for your campaign. I've been approached by so many, it's hard to figure out who will actually promote your campaign. I've used a couple that I totally wasted my money on and will never do again. Some actually have multiple websites under different names.
  • mboix
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by mboix » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:44 pm

We've been approach by kickstartmyads, but I don't trust them... And after the experience that @elenagart described, we won't take the risk.
    Do you want to help Rockzip to get thousands of Highballoons (high altitude balloons) in the hands of students and entrepreneurs? Get on board! Our Kickstarter is LIVE http://kck.st/1sSGy6c
  • Ryan32
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ryan32 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:17 pm

I used Kickstart My Ads. My project was stuck at around 20% funded. I paid $295 for their services. More than two weeks later, my project ended with an additional eight backers for a total of another $146. About half of those backers were people I know. Therefore, I received somewhere between 0 and 5 pledges as a result of their services.
  • Gallon Games
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Gallon Games » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 am

I have been approached my Kickstartmyads and a couple of others. I am not sure what to do. I am so tempted to go all out and purchase their $450 package, however don't want to be disappointed and waste my money.
    The only place I have read 'Positive' things is on their website, and hmm.... bit dodgy... if you ask me.. I am currently in communication with a member of Kickstartmyads and he replies so quickly its like I am his only customer. (also a bit dodgy).
    I think the only reason I am still talking to him, is because I want to believe he is good and that he will do what he says he will.. I just can't find any company which has had positive feedback and reasonable prices.
    Any news would be great?
  • elenagart
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by elenagart » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:05 pm

Gallon Games - i posted my experience with them a few days back . I was hoping that at this point i would be able to admit that I was wrong and they did a wonderful job, but ...

They haven't responded to my last emails. I called credit card company to dispute a half of their charge (only half because they did create an ad)

Yet, I am thankful to them because this experience forced me to dig into facebook and learn about their various marketing models and tools. So I know now that as a report, they sent me a screenshot from facebook Ads Manager.

Also consider this math. They charged me $295. They set up a "post-engagement" ad with $150 limit. It works very simple, the more clicks and likes you get, the more money is spent until it hits $150. Now, why would they be interested in me getting a lot of clicks? Each click takes away money from them, isn't it?

Also consider this, If people click on the link at the top of the ad, it goes to "Best Crowd Funding Campaigns of 2014" kickstartmyads page - my ad helps them to get more traffic, really great for them, how about me?

In my opinion, If you have a facebook page, you want to create your own ads and boost your own posts , wouldn't you?. This way, even if people don't click through to get to Kickstarter, at least you'll get traffic and "likes" pointing to your business.

Let me know if this makes sense, best of luck!

Kickstarter project http://bit.ly/SaHonK1
  • Gallon Games
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Gallon Games » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Yeah that does make a lot of sense - I probably will make my own ads. Thanks

Kick Starter Campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52 ... board-game
    Manbird
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Manbird » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:20 pm

And rough price expectations would be helpful as well. Does anyone have any success stories? :geek:
    Emleelion
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Emleelion » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:40 pm

At the launch of my Kickstarter someone from Kickstartmyads messaged my FB page asking for my email so we could discuss how to promote my campaign. I got several of these offers as everyone does and I don't have the money for it so I thanked him for his interest and politely declined. Bizarrely he replied the next day with a single line message just saying "give me your email." Since then the account has been changed to "facebook user" and the messages have been deleted. All seems a little dodgy to me. Especially when you add that to the extortionate prices they charge! Would definitely avoid.
  • elenagart
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by elenagart » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi, sharing a final update on my two previous posts about my experience with Kickstartmyads. After delay they emailed me back. Final report shows reach = 6,423, post engagement= 35. They have refunded me $150 as per my request. They maintain that they provided me with outstanding marketing service and the that they have refunded me only because of the interruptions in communication with my campaign manager - they said he left the company. I disagree. We got 35 people clicking on the ad, so $295 - $150 = $145. $145 per 35 clicks is not a reasonable cost to me. No backers from this activity.