What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • dlharvey2930
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by dlharvey2930 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:38 pm

I have a couple of day jobs including a cashiering position at the East End Food Co-op in Pittsburgh and a teaching position at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. Trying to develop more of the art side of my work but having two jobs works for now.

I'm currently working on a new puppet show called "Acting Like a Man. The show is a short comedic performance about a friend's love life. I created a Kickstarter campaign for the show to raise funds for my puppeteers and actors. I've created a number of performances over the past few years but this will be my first puppet show. Take a look at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/49 ... like-a-man if interested.

lookatthelee
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lookatthelee » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:03 pm

What's your day job?
    By day, i'm a mild mannered operations director for a small IT Consulting Firm. My days are full of paperwork and administrative BS, with the occasional breaks in the humdrum by getting my hands dirty with my engineers and helping solve client IT issues or working our project designs.

What's your passion?
    Expressing myself and being Lee. Art has always been my passion, although it often takes a backseat to the rest of my life. Anything from sketches to painting to graphic design. Any way I can just let it out and be Lee.

...and purple squirrels... everyone needs more purple squirrels in their life!
    Painting Purple Squirrels
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lookatthelee/painting-purple-squirrels

Disclaimer - No squirrels shall be harmed in the pursuit of painting purple squirrels.
  • lacey_soileau
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lacey_soileau » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:34 am

My day job is a waitress at a local family owned bakery, my passion project is to open up my own bakery one day :)
  • Eidographer
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Eidographer » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Marketing for a S&P 500 company is what pays the bills. Filmmaking & running is what moves me. What Moves You?

http://www.whatmovesrunners.com
  • mboix
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by mboix » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Martin and I want to share a little bit of myself today

What's your day job?

I am from Argentina, lived most of my life in Buenos Aires. Last year I moved to Chicago, where I am a student hoping to get my MBA degree by 2015.

What's your passion?

I'm working on a project that aims to lower the cost of access to space and improve life on Earth by flying Highballoons (high altitude balloons).

I want to share with you our Kickstarter campaign "Rockzip - A Million Balloons, a Billion Lives" that is LIVE since last Tuesday. http://kck.st/1sSGy6c

Any feedback, comments or support will be really appreciated.

Martin
    Do you want to help Rockzip to get thousands of Highballoons (high altitude balloons) in the hands of students and entrepreneurs? Get on board! Our Kickstarter is LIVE http://kck.st/1sSGy6c
  • FlipClip
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by FlipClip » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:26 am

Currently an EMT but would love to become a professional collector of royalties ;-) My current passion project is definitely my Kickstarter Flip Clip campaign.

Brandon
    liam2050
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by liam2050 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:43 am

Kinda lucky really, my day job and my passion project are (almost) one and the same.

I direct music videos for UK based pop and rock artists for my day job then I direct horror films in my spare time. Currently taking a big break from the music videos to focus all my time in Strangers Within - a home-invasion horror I've been writing for the last couple years.

Shooting begins this weekend and safe to say nervous doesn't even begin to cover it!!
    Check out my independent home-invasion horror Strangers Within here: strangerswithin.co.uk

Follow all production updates on our Facebook page: facebook.com/2050films
  • Cujosmom
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Cujosmom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:18 am

In real life I'm a teacher. I reached 9th grade world history. My dream project and passion is to write a historical fiction/fantasy novel. Unfortunately there's just no time.
  • Bojankacarski
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Bojankacarski » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:25 am

Making early technical performance checks for vehicles in here.And about the passion project this would be becoming a watchmaker .. :)
  • christophergarcia
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by christophergarcia » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:52 am

I'm a graphic designer, photographer and artist by trade and passion. My current 9 to 5 is hand painting decorative signs which is still artsy!

My project is As The Crow Flies, a business using drone aerial photography coupled with ground imagery to capture epic shots. Drones can get to some truly stellar locations!