Any helpful advice welcome
  • organicsoul
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Any helpful advice welcome

by organicsoul » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:22 pm

My kickstarter campaign is shear excitement for me and exudes hope for dreams to come. I am wanting to start a new business of drone based imagery coupled with ground based photography. We have a fully equipped and experienced staff including our photographer and photo/video editor. I really need some feedback from people in the community though to give insight on how my campaign is perceived, and how to better my approach. please help by checking it out.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/as ... ed-imagery

• crowdfundingexpert
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Any helpful advice welcome

by crowdfundingexpert » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:39 pm

the campaign lOOKS GOOD u should share it with your friends and family more
    Senior marketer for http://www.rallyhero.com/
    rallyhero is a crowdfunding site. We make fundraising easy, please Like Rallyhero on facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/rallyhero
  • organicsoul
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by organicsoul » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:49 am

thank you i will
  • TRIARROWS
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TRIARROWS » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:19 am

That's look pretty good!
    Wish you success!
  • JayRM
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JayRM » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Hey organicsoul... looks good. I think you could improve on a couple areas in the video. The picture portion looks great! The video portions look great as well, except for the aerial shot with the red and white building (or whatever iti is) at 26 sec doesn't come out as clear. Maybe you could replace it with something else? Also, is there a way to fix the audio so that it doesn't have that echo?
    Our Kickstarter campaign is now live! http://www.reincarnatemfg.com/kickstarter/ Snowboard-like skateboard with no bindings!
  • CatDuo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CatDuo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:14 pm

Our Kickstarter campaign is only in Week One and we're over 40% funded.
    Just those numbers alone were possible through some late-night heart-to-hearts with this guy: Michael Cox

Crowdfunding genius and all-around nice guy, Mike only makes money when your campaign makes 150% of its goal. But you've got to do everything he says. He's a master of tough conversations and he gets results.
    coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by coolinvent » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:11 am

Your project is awesome! The video is spot on. Why don't you have more exposure to this? You have so many possibilities with this project. Reach out to bloggers - for one big market would be weddings. Just imagine having all you have to offer to make that special day. Anyway, try to reach out to those bloggers to get some press. You still have some decent time left. I think you can still do this yourself and get the project out there.
  • organicsoul
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by organicsoul » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:13 am

Thank you everyone for the advice and I will try both some blog sites (suggestions welcome) and talking to mr. cox.
  • dez
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dez » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:58 am

I would second the suggestion about the audio.
    If to do it you re-record the video for the speaking parts I would stand up straighter and keep your shoulders down to show more confidence! :) (btw I tend to do the same exact thing you do with your shoulders in the video!)
    Also those transitions in the beginning where it breaks into checkerboards are a little jarring.
    Overall it's a cool business idea.
    But you might know that before watching the video my first impression was that you are a surveillance company - your logo is black and white, and it's composition is reminiscent of a military or government seal or insignia. Also crows are more associated with scavenging and being intelligent and cunning than say, wedding videos -
    Just my two cents. best of luck!! :D
    Currently developing OBEY - a multiplayer game about coercing opponents into acting against their own self interest.
  • andlin21
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by andlin21 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:16 am

Some quick critique here:

My first impression after watching the video is for a campaign promoting drone photography/videography...I was surprised that there was only a 2-second footage of an actual drone taking off and no further documentations of drone interaction. It may sound kind of dumb but we are probably so familiar with arial cinematography (through CG or helicopter) people may not immediately realize what they are looking at in the video.

If this is a service, describe how the process works. Do you book the venue the same way you would book conventional photographers? What are people missing out on without the service? Here is a video that recently made me want to invest in a drone:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20w7h ... _lifestyle

Second, your pitch lacks human voice: it sounds like a cover-letter. You are on Kickstarter, not a corporate meeting! This is your chance to appeal to the general masses who may not completely understand what the term "drone based" or "ground based" imagery means. Eliminate the complex buzzwords and make the description more relatable to the average person. If you only have 25 words to describe your project, what would it be?

Lastly, it wouldn't hurt to offer some free photography sessions for the higher-tiered backers would it?

Best of luck!