What's the best way to spread the fund?
  • gharlev
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

What's the best way to spread the fund?

by gharlev » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:22 am

Here's a question:
    Assume I have 20K secured for my campaign (I wish...).
    Is the best way of raising them would be all 20 on the first day or spread them over several days (let's say 5) in order to create a continuous momentum?

What do you, guys, say?

Thanks for your answers,
    Gharlev

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: What's the best way to spread the fund?

by sbriggman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Considering the hypothetical, I guess it depends on if you are lining up the funds or already have an audience. If you already have an audience, I don't think it matters. If you are lining up the funds (angel investors) to back initially, I'd say spread it over the first 3 days.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • gharlev
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by gharlev » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:48 am

Many thanks for your quick answer, appreciate it!
  • jonmusick
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jonmusick » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Dude,

Play the game... Go for Rank.

Assuming this is a Kickstarter Campaign:
    You want to be as close to the top of the 167,000+ projects "sort by popularity" might produce.

It's my understanding that one of the most important metrics KS uses to determine rank is "Backers per day." Wherefore, if you can acquire 50 backers of $1 on day ONE, this may be enough to launch your project to search result page 1 or 2. By day TWO, Backers per day will drop to 25, by virtue of the fact that your 50 backers have been divided by 2, and with it, your rank.

To the point: If you can leverage 20k$, and are already able to piece it out in sections, an educated guess is it's best to split it into as many smaller pieces as possible. For example, if you can break it into 50 pieces of $400, parcel these out to 50 separate people each of whom agrees to pledge in the first few hours of day 1, your project will be catapulted close to the top of "most popular".

Taking it a step further (into the absurd), if you can bust the 20k$ into, like 500 pledges (By 500 DIFFERENT people) of $40 each, such a thing should launch your project to page 1 for a full week or so, long enough for KS's traffic to generate new pledges of it's own.

With that in mind, anyone on this site who pledges $1 to my campaign, once it goes live on August 19th, I will agree to pledge $1 to yours. This will help both our ranks. My project review page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/55 ... n=83ba8337

-Jon Musick
    coolinvent
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by coolinvent » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:35 pm

Good scenario and I think it can't be stressed enough that they have to be "different" backers. Anyway, Jon, I'll back your project on the 19th. Here's my project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ve ... -its-alive Please back mine as well.