Paying for Promotion
  • manderson99
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Paying for Promotion

by manderson99 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:20 am

While I did not retain their services, I was approached by GoGoRocket actively as they sought my patronage. The irony was that anyone who read even the first few paragraphs of my project would see that I was really only looking for a very small amount of money compared to the stated goal (I used Indiegogo's minimum, $500). Their cheapest package is somewhere around $75-80, but I was only asking for about $35 total from the entire project. Why would I spend that much money promoting the project? It made no sense, and it was impossible to make the form-letter spamming rep from GoGoRocket understand this fact. I was a bit put off by the whole thing.

I know they're trying to make a living like everyone else, but uh, it should have been pretty obvious that I was not in the market for paid promotion at that price point for that particular project. Apparently they didn't bother reading up on what I was trying to do and just shot me a form letter as soon as they noticed my project going up.

• wurfel
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by wurfel » Mon May 12, 2014 10:05 pm

@sbriggman sure! I can definitely give extra reviews about gogorocket. I suddenly realized my campaign's goal was too high and I wasn't able to reach it with the time I thought I would have. GoGo Rocket was able to refund me the money. But they were very helpful and really understanding about why I wanted to start from scratch. I actually went on Indiegogo because Kickstarter declined my wallet project with no real apparent reason except it wasn't in their focus, and was really disappointed. But life goes on! Versatility: “ The more things you learn to accomplish, the more confidence you will develop. Don’t shy away from new endeavors."
    http://kck.st/1lggHFy " When fashion meets personality, it brings innovative style." Arrow Project
  • mibuho
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mibuho » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:36 pm

GoGo Rocket will not deliver anything, nor will they help you to get on top of indiegogo. They are conartists and will only take your money. Read more details on the way they screwed me up.
    Venux
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Venux » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:38 pm

There is no guarantee that the service you pay for will deliver or improve your campaign. They will claim that they contacted many writers and sent out thousands of emails. But how will you really know that they've done it?
  • mboix
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by mboix » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Do any of you have any recommendations on a specific service that helped you boost your reach and PR management?

Thanks
    Do you want to help Rockzip to get thousands of Highballoons (high altitude balloons) in the hands of students and entrepreneurs? Get on board! Our Kickstarter is LIVE http://kck.st/1sSGy6c
    Venux
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Venux » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:34 pm

We have tried Fundzinger and BackersHub. Fundzinger requires you to answer many questions in detail which they use to write a custom pitch. They will then email thousands of writers, some will bounce. They've said that press is not a sure thing and no one knows if journalists will want to pick up the story. So, is there a guarantee that emails have been sent to writers? Probably not. Is it something you could do yourself if you know who to target? Most likely yes. As of right now, the services have not boosted the project.
  • mboix
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by mboix » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:46 pm

Ok, thank you! I'll be researching some alternatives, but I agree with the fact that if you knew who to target it should be more effective to do it yourself...
    Do you want to help Rockzip to get thousands of Highballoons (high altitude balloons) in the hands of students and entrepreneurs? Get on board! Our Kickstarter is LIVE http://kck.st/1sSGy6c
  • Bojankacarski
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Bojankacarski » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:58 am

still afraid of paying so much but tried couple of gigs on fiverr nothing happened when my campaign reaches 10 days or so i think i will try something for 50 $ or so
  • jeremy_d_price
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jeremy_d_price » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:25 am

This has come up at a good time. I was contacted by Fundzinger Thursday 14 August just after I had launched (http://kck.st/1mMHdRI ) . I had a good database already, and first day had gone well. We agreed that yesterday (Tuesday) would be launch day. On Monday my press release came through. If it had been written as a piece of homework by a 12 year old, it would have got a solid B+. They had just copied out the voice over from my video word for word. I am launching a GPS cat tracker. We have fluffy cute cats, and technology. I thought this would be a shoe in, easy, if you can't sell this don't bother. Anyway, I re-wrote the press release and was happy with it. Apparently it was sent out to thousands of people yesterday. Even allowing for the time difference (I am in the UK) I have heard nothing. Not a squeak from anyone.

Now at the same time I contacted a local newspaper, have been run in two local newspapers. This was picked up by a regional news agency and today I have been featured in the main London free Newspaper at a total cost of zero (as opposed to the global deal at $600 or something.

Today I am sending out another press release from my email address and we will see the result.

I have also used Backershub. I got mentioned on their members only FB page yesterday, and again I am not aware of any new backer. Apparently I am going out on a newsletter next week, and another FB mention,.

They have provided a list of journalists and I will see if I can do any damage with that.

The moral of the story is do it yourself. I think.

Hope that helps.

Jeremy
    Manbird
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Manbird » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 pm

sbriggman wrote:@tadisdef You can create a free press release with CrowdfundingPr.org - Our forum sponsor :D We also retweet the majority of PRS from CrowdfundingPr.org that are tweeted at @crowdfundingpr_ @crowdcrux and @kickstartforum

Does this service come with our launched kickstarter campaign?