What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • CatDuo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by CatDuo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Mild-mannered Tech Recruiter by day, whirlwind Marketeer by night.

My passions surround games (tabletop, mobile, video) and marketing. I love analysis, psychology, smart PR and beautifully executed campaigns.

I'm thinking about quitting my job to do marketing campaigns full-time, because I'm absolutely addicted.

-CatDuoCandice

• Emotion-APP-Appeal
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Emotion-APP-Appeal » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:39 am

I was born in Jamaica and now live in the USA. A former teacher in Switzerland, I now work in administration in the US. I enjoy sports and fitness, I'd say passionately so. In my spare time, my 5 to 9 job as it were, I try to spot problems and gaps in the market and come up with solutions. I now have approx. 25 different projects I hope to explore. At present, I have two apps in Apple stores, one for which, Emotion-App-Appeal, I've launched a kickstarter campaign.
  • erk101
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by erk101 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:57 am

My day job is the Event Marketing Coordinator for O'Reilly Auto Parts Corporate Headquarters in Springfield, MO, USA. My passion project is GiveFix, which I like to sum up as social media for a cause.

GiveFix not only allows users to earn money online for their services, but also donate a small portion of their earnings to a charity of their choice each time the service is provided. Follow this link to see the Kickstarter campaign and see some of the awesome pledge rewards up for grabs!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... ?ref=email
  • meissnerk127
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by meissnerk127 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:05 am

My Day job is...complicated?

I was running my own graphic design firm. Then I started on my passion project -- a clothing line called Ugly Apparel (www.gottagetugly.com)

That started to take over and now it's most of what I do. To fillin the cracks, I teach Graphic Design at a local technical school and I still take temp contracts for Graphic Design outside of my work with Ugly Apparel. Every day is an adventure! :D
  • cherngzhi
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cherngzhi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:14 am

I teach and I paint .. I sketch just about every single day.
    Eventually arrived at this idea of a better sketchbook .. wrote to a company and did it /

Launched the perfect sketchbook on kickstarter.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... ts-and-art
  • AlumID_Wallet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AlumID_Wallet » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Hey!

I am a student at the University of Pittsburgh studying mechanical engineering.

My passion project as of now is my first product, AlumID Wallet. It is an aluminum wallet that replaces the need for your ordinary leather wallet. Take a look
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/95 ... num-wallet
  • Farmer John
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Farmer John » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi everyone,

My day Job is Growing Food :~)

Delicious Organic, Non-GMO, Nutrient Dense Fruits, Nuts and Vegetables. Hardly sexy, but important to me.

My passions is education and general awareness when it comes to the Foods we consume and a high degree of independence.

I am working on a KS campaign to move our farm to Hawaii where 90% of the food is imported and Monsanto rules the roost.

A link to a preview of my "Story & Project" presently in development - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/31 ... n=a88923a3

I want this to be an amazing presentation. I have a few concerns, but am looking for feedback.

Thanks in advance and Thank you Sal~!

Farmer :~)
  • quarterwire
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by quarterwire » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:14 pm

My day job: I am an electrical engineer, but I tend to do mostly software development at my current job.

My passion: Is hardware, I am interested in inventing new technology or finding ways of using existing technologies in new ways. It is very satisfying seeing an idea turned into a working prototype for me.
  • Withipad
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Withipad » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi
    My day job is a jeweller at the bench .been doing for far to long .
    What is your passion project?
    I love to paint using my iPad ,I have just put them on ArtFinder and pleased to say they are selling after a lot of persuasion from family and friends.
    Using the images to make greeting cards became the KickStarter project just lurched thus week ,but not any interest so far early days I tell my self,have to keep plodding away and hope that one day it will be my full time it would not be like a job but a way to life life to the full.
    If you have time to look at my Kickstarter project heres the link

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/757735746/andrews-greeting-cards
    All the very best
    Andrew
    JohnsOldTruck
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by JohnsOldTruck » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:30 pm

I have almost 30 years logged as a radio air personality, but since full time work in the biz is nearly impossible to find anymore (I still do it on weekends), I am now a commercial truck driver during the week. Never say never, as the old saying goes, but industry consolidation and station automation have put the chances of doing full time radio again somewhere between slim and none. Honestly though, as long as I've got something that pays the bills I'm okay with that. I've had my fun, met a bunch of rock & roll heroes and had a great run.

My passion project is a 30 year dream that's reflected in my signature here. I had been aware of Kickstarter for some time, but hadn't looked closely at it until I came across someone who was using it for a similar project. I figured "why not?" I know there are millions of people who are into what I want to do, and it's just a matter of convincing a very small percentage of them to jump on board. But I have zero experience with crowdfunding, which of course is why I'm here ;-)

We're still in preview mode while I try to build some traction. If you should find yourself with a couple of minutes to spare, I would really appreciate any feedback you might be able to offer. Thank you!
    Facebook / YouTube / Twitter / dot com: JohnsOldTruck
    Stop by anytime!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... n=8bd46bde