Whimzical Whizkerz Acrylic Charms and Buttons Kickstarter
  • Which of my kickstarter charm designs are your favorites?

Bird Brain
    No votes
    Candy Lamb
    20%
    Sloth
    10%
    Sly Fox
    10%
    Narwhal Love
    No votes
    Anglerfish
    30%
    Sleepy Dragon
    20%
    Brontosaurus
    10%
    Princess Jellyfish
    No votes
    Rainbow Unicorn
    No votes

Total votes: 10
  • huliochan13
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Whimzical Whizkerz Acrylic Charms and Buttons Kickstarter

by huliochan13 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:40 am

Hey Everyone I just wanted to share with you my very first kickstarter!

Here is the link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/985727377/whimzical-whizkerz-charms-and-buttons

I'm hoping my kickstarter is successful, but I am finding it hard to get the word out. Over the past few days I have sent out personal emails to all of my friends and family on facebook asking them to share my kickstarter on there fb pages. I have also made sure to not spam on my own pages, but it just does not seem to be drawing that much attention.

This is the first time I have put my illustrations out there to be turned into something creative and it would be really awesome if I could take the finished product with me to conventions to sell. You see what I normally do for a living is design and sew stuffed animals that I take with me to conventions to sell. However I am hoping to branch out and carry more products with me. :D I have a convention to go to on the 16th and I plan on making fliers about my kickstarter to pass out there as well. So I hope that helps out too.

Thanks for taking a look at my article and kickstarter and good luck to everyone out there pursuing there dreams!

- Holly T. :3

Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Whimzical Whizkerz Acrylic Charms and Buttons Kickstarte

by Charles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:49 am

I think that you'll make your goal easily.

You've set a very low - and reasonable - goal. Your product is cute, and colorful, and your end product will be affordable by the masses at large.

The only surprise to me will be if you don't break at least several of your stretch goals.

Just keep plugging away, and this KickStarter should do just fine.
    Squatch Kick! - Crowdfunding tips and articles
    Currently backing on KickStarter: YEAR OF THE GOAT ISSUE #2
  • huliochan13
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by huliochan13 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:42 am

Charles wrote:I think that you'll make your goal easily.

You've set a very low - and reasonable - goal. Your product is cute, and colorful, and your end product will be affordable by the masses at large.

The only surprise to me will be if you don't break at least several of your stretch goals.

Just keep plugging away, and this KickStarter should do just fine.

Thank you Charles!

It is good to hear people say that. I guess I am just getting antsy because I have had so many people say they were going to pledge or say that they were going to share it and then they just haven't. I just need more patience. :3
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:13 am

Your project page is better at showcasing your charms and buttons, than it is at showcasing you.

That one photo of you that is right above your Facebook page link is a good photo. It's colorful.

But, you have photos on your Facebook photo album that could benefit your crafting cause.

The one of you standing in front of a couple of tables evidences a broader, more developed interest in crafting. It's bright, it's colorful, and it was taken outdoors, so lots of good, natural lighting and all of that bright green grass makes for a lot of visual energy.

Your cos-play photos evidence youth, vigor, and playfulness. Plus, their colorful and vibrant. It all goes back to creating positive visual energy for your project page.

Oh, and don't forget the colorful green boots.

You see, Holly, you're not simply selling a product. The product is an extension of yourself. You are crafting a brand - namely, your brand. This product is but one step toward a greater objective.

Or, at least, it could - and should - be.

Maintain reachable, reasonable funding goals, and you can do countless numbers of them, with each preceding one forming part of an ever-growing foundation for those that follow on the heels, later on.

Plus, along the way, you get to build a bright, colorful, and vibrant portfolio. You want energy. You, yourself, are the primary fuel the core energy, of the brand that you are erecting.

My personal best to you on a bright and successful future.

- Charles -
  • huliochan13
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by huliochan13 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:26 pm

Yeah I will definitely do a video for my next kickstarter and if this one is successful I will have a finished product to show off instead of just size references. I did however order some of the necklaces so I could add a picture of me wearing a mock up of it and add it to the kickstarter. It would help with the size reference of the charm when being worn and the length of the necklace.
    Charles
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Charles » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm tired of not seeing this KickStarter project move forward any, the last couple of days. So, I decided to back it, to get your funding out of the double-digit range.
  • huliochan13
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by huliochan13 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Thank you Charles! I just did an update and also added a photo of myself wearing a mock up of the necklace. I had fun trying to take a picture of my self with an actual camera instead of my phone. lol It is actually easier to hold a full size camera to take a picture of yourself than a phone. >.<
  • JayRM
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by JayRM » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:43 am

Hi huliochan13... those charms look nice, great job!.... maybe an update with video of other people wearing them and talking about why they like them will help keep the momentum going?
    Our Kickstarter campaign is now live! http://www.reincarnatemfg.com/kickstarter/ Snowboard-like skateboard with no bindings!
  • huliochan13
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by huliochan13 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:07 am

Hey Jay! I am glad you like my charms :D Sadly the picture of me wearing the charm is just a mock up with a printed on paper version of what it will look like or else I would be forcing my friends to wear them everywhere.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Definitely Anglerfish. They are also just kind of bad-ass animals with their light thing.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.